the12volt.com spacer
icon

Sony MEX-N5300BT, Power Antenna Pin?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
namyenruoj 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2020 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
I looked at the sony website by wirewise but It does not match with my Dony harness that came with my unit. Where is pin#1 and pin #16?
Thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2020 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I checked the n4200bt today. Of the 4 blank spots on that plug, there was no power antenna connection.
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2020 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
I finally installed my Sony MEX-N5300BT and with my addition with a power antenna after market and remote Alpine amplifier for my 1998 RAV4 I can only use Blue/White no Blue wire from deck harness, I've notice that when the car still running and I decided to turn off my Sony deck of course power antenna and remote amplifier turs off and then when I turn off my engine somehow my power antenna and remote amplifier turns on and goes up again for 15 seconds and comes down and turns off finally. What could it be the problem.
Thank you
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Posted: December 13, 2020 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Some amps have a delay built-in to prevent a "popping" sound when powering on/off. I wonder if this is the case here and it's backfeeding the power antenna.
You could try installing a diode on the remote turn on at the amplifier. Connect the striped side to the amp.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2020 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
Thank you Geepherder. From deck harness blue/white I should connect it to my power antenna first, then a diode with stripe to power amplifier all in series right? What size of a diode do I need?
geepherder 
Posted: December 13, 2020 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Since it's hooked up, it'd be simpler to just install it at the amplifier. Disconnect the amp turn on lead, connect a diode in series and reconnect it to the amplifier.
I just use generic 1 amp switching/rectifying diodes. While they were still in my area, I could buy 25-packs from RadioShack. I don't know if you have them near you, but I still buy locally from Fry's and Microcenter. If you don't have a similar store nearby you can always order online- check eBay and Amazon.
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2020 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
Thank you so much geepherder. I will do that and let you know.
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2021 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
I finally pulled out my deck again and I found out the deck itself gives out 12 volts again to the blue/white wire after shutting down my unit and it also gives out beeping sound for few second. I know Sony brand does this. That is why my after market power antenna goes up again for a few second and goes down. Is there a way to dis able this feature from Sony.
geepherder 
Posted: January 10, 2021 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you want, you could switch the power antenna connection to the red accessory wire. Then, whenever the key is turned to accessory, regardless if the radio is on, the antenna would be powered. When you turn off the key, the antenna would power down.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Or use an SPDT relay as follows to accomplish the same thing when the key is turned off and still be able to lower it when you turn off your head unit.
86 to Blue/White from Sony head unit
85 to ground
87 to accessory 12V+
30 to power antenna remote lead
Sony MEX-N5300BT, Power Antenna Pin? - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic