the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Toyota Camry CE With Factory Anti-Theft, CompuStar CS4900S

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bford 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2023 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Hi all,
I have 2000 Camry CE with a factory Toyota security system installed, has the red led with what looks like a mic on a knockout piece in Dash left side of steering wheel. It has a regular all metal key, no chip.
I bought a CompuStar CS4900S Remote start/keyless entry kit that I'd like to install on my car.
Is there a way to install this remote kit while still being able to use the factory anti theft system in conjuction with this kit?
What I would like to accomplish is basically to be able to arm the factory system when i use the remote to lock the doors and disarm factory system when unlocking using the remote. On top of being able to remote start the car.
Hope I'm making sense.
Thanks in advance guys!
B
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2023 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I think you are talking about two things., Factory Alarm system and a Factory Transponder system in the ignition switch.
If you can use a plain metal key from them hardware store to start the car it does not have a transponder based ignition immobilizer system.
While I don't remember seeing any Camry CE's with a Factory Alarm system you could test to see if your car has it. Just remain in the drivers seat when to park the car and turn off the ignition. Remove the key and
open the drivers door. While the door is open, press the power Lock button and then pull the door closed. Wait for >90 seconds and then open the drivers door with the inside handle. If you have the Factory Alarm system the horn will start honking.
Your car probably has niether system so that little light is just there to look like some type of security system. Test to see how it comes on and goes off before installing the after market R/S. It might be via the ignition switch or the lock / unlock switches.
Soldering is fun!
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2023 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Hi kreg,
Thank you for your reply. I did try out what you said: sit in car, open door, lock the car using the door lock, close door, wait about a minute or so.
The light stayed on solid for a few sec then stared flashing on and off...I then opened the door from the inside and it started honking the horn.
So, I definitely have a factory alarm installed. This car used to have a factory door lock/unlock remote but my brother lost it. Not that it matters now since I am trying to add this CompuStar system on it.
So do you think I could literally just hook up the CompuStar remote door lock wire as normal to the door lock wire on the car harness since it seems like that should arm the factory alarm system as well?
Thanks
B
2000 Toyota Camry
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2023 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I don't do a lot of older Toyotas, but can you arm and disarm the system using the key in the drivers door ? If so there should be 2 wires coming from the key cylinder one to arm and one to disarm
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2023 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
In the lower Driver Kick Panel there is a 20 Pin connector. It has the two wires you are looking for. Info below :
Lock / Arm = Blue/White wire at Pin 4
Unlock / Disarm = Red/Green at Pin 3
They require a (-) pulse from the Compustar. As mentioned by Chev104275, these are the Drivers Door key cylinder wires.
Also, being as your car has a Factory Alarm system you should apply (-) GWR to the cars' Keysense wire to prevent the alarm going off with a R/S.
KEYSENSE (-) BLUE/BLACK in 2 Pin plug by ignition switch on steering column.
Soldering is fun!
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2023 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Thanks for both of you guys' input chev and kreg.
So could you guys check this wiring diagram of the CompuStar CM900 Module I have. There are some things that I am still confused about. The ones I have question marks are what I'm not sure. The ones I left BLANK are the ones I'm not sure what wire too hook it up to.
I am not sure how to proceed with what you are recommending of applying (-) GWR to the keysense wire. First of all, would you explain what GWR means? Does that mean "ground wire"? Can I just hook up one of the CompuStar output wire like the (-) Status output pin 4 on the CN3(Gray) to temporarily apply (-) to keysense while i remote start it without me being inside the car yet?
Note that I did use the remote color wiring information found here at the12v.com as well as a wiring diagram that I pulled from my ALLDATA.
EDIT: Just realized that the labels I made on the picture is too small to be able to read after being uploaded. So I'll just type it out below. Please do correct me where I'm wrong in my wiring, and like I said, BLANK/EMPTY means I'm confused how to wire - so assistance is greatly appreciated and needed.
CompuStar Module CN1Vehicle OEM Harness
1) +12v Constant -------------------------------> White/Red Ignition Switch Harness
2) +12v Light----------------------------------->
3) +12v Constant--------------------------------> White/Red Ignition Switch Harness (Again???)
4) +12v Accessory-------------------------------> Black/Red Ignition Switch Harness ???
5) + Selectable by Jumper(Default Ignition)----->
6) +12v Ignition(Output/Input)------------------>
CompuStar Module CN3(GRAY)        Vehicle OEM Harness
1) - Parking Light Output----------------------->
2) - Lock Output--------------------------------> Blue/White Key Lock Cyl Wire
3) - Unlock Output------------------------------> Red/Green Key Lock Cyl Wire
4) - Status Output------------------------------>
5) - Rearm Output-------------------------------> Blue/White Key Lock Cyl Wire
6) - Disarm Output------------------------------> Red/Green Key Lock Cyl Wire
7) - Horn Output-------------------------------->
8) - Hood Pin Input-----------------------------> Hood Open/Close Switch Located In Engine Bay
9) + Foot Brake Input---------------------------> Green/White Brake Pedal Switch
10) - Trigger Starter Input--------------------->
11) + Trigger Starter Input--------------------->
12) Tach/Alt Sensing Input----------------------> Black/Orange ECM Wire?? OR BLACK AC?? OR YELLOW/RED???
2000 Toyota Camry CE With Factory Anti-Theft, CompuStar CS4900S -- posted image.
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2023 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here are the wire connections :
CM900-s to 2000 Camry w/Auto Trans
CN1
Pin 1 Red - Constant 12V       White
Pin 2 Green/White - Programmable Output    N.U.
Pin 3 Red/White - Constant 12V           White/Red
Pin 4 White - Accessory 12V positive (+)    Blue/Red
Pin 5 Blue - Programmable Output IGN2     Black/Yellow
Pin 6 Yellow - Starter 12V positive (+)     Red
Pin 7 Green - Ignition 12V positive (+)     Black/Red
Pin 8 Black - Ground negative (-) input    Chassis Ground
CN3
Pin 1 Green/White - (fixed) Parking light (-) output        Green
Pin 2 Blue/Lt. Green - [POC 2] Lock 250mA, 800mS (-) output       Blue/White       
Pin 3 Blue - [POC 3] Unlock 250mA, 800mS (-) negative output     Red/Green
Pin 4 Black - [POC 4] (GWR) 250mA latched (-) output       Keysense BLUE/BLACK
Pin 5 Orange - [POC 5] Factory Alarm Arm (FAA) (-) output     N.U.
Pin 6 Orange/White - [POC 6] Factory Alarm Disarm, 800mS (-) output    N.U.
Pin 7 White - [POC 7] Horn:250mA negative (-) output    GREEN/BLACK (-) STEERING COLUMN 6 PIN Plug
Pin 8 Gray/Black - Hood Pin negative (-) input    To Hood Pin
Pin 9 Light Blue/White - Brake 12V positive (+) input              Green/White
Pin 10 RED/White - Trigger start (-) input           N.U.
Pin 11 RED - Positive (+) input     N.U.   
Pin 12 Yellow/Black - Engine sensing input (A/C)    Black/Orange ACC Wire
The Horn connection will assist in R/S programming and with Lock and Unlock functions.
There are two IGN wires.
Use GWR to disarm Factory Alarm during R/S rather than "Unlock before and Lock after".
Use the (-) Parking Light wire to provide visual status during R/S.
Soldering is fun!
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2023 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Thank you for this Kreg!
I am still wrapping my head around all the info you provided me. I am still trying to understand for myself so I can get the theory down, the path of how it works so I could apply it this to different projects I may have in the future that I might want to install a R/S module.
I might have to print out the Wiring Diagram from ALLDATA so I could follow the wiring to better visualize it for me so I could understand the electrical path.
I truly appreciate all the help with the wiring and all the information!
2000 Toyota Camry
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2023 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Back and need assistance again,
Could you point me in the direction of where this Black/Orange Acc wire would be located to tap my engine sensing input wire into?
Also, does this module only need to get tapped into the starter(red) and not need for that red wire to be physically cut? Just curious cuz I've seen some R/S modules that physically cut the 12v starter(red) wire from the ignition connector and then the 2 cut ends gets connected to 2 thick wires individually....(I'm pretty sure it's an internal relay)
If everything is just tapping and no cutting with this kit then this is great as i like to leave the harness intact(mostly besides from some tapping of wires...)
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Posted: October 27, 2023 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Sorry for the late reply, on vacation...
The Tach wire is sometimes found at OBD2 plug, Pin 9. Otherwise use a F.I. or Spark Coil wire.
The CM900s does not provide Starter Kill/Anti-Grind directly with an internal relay. You could use an external SPDT 30 Amp Relay and a signal from the R/S to do this function, cutting the vehicles Starter wire.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic