the12volt.com spacer
icon

No LED At Astro Flex Box, 2013 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
principal8282 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2023 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote principal8282
I’m a complete newb.
School principal with a warm garage and desire to help dear daughter. I have a meter and other basics but lack a lot of basic knowledge.
She has a 2013 civic. Hit a deer. Body work all done. Looks great.
Car is automatic trans, passkey, turn key to start. System did work fine prior to the collision. I think body shop forgot to set up a hood pin.
We now have non working remote start and now some sort of weird parasitic battery drain.
I would take it anywhere. We live in the bush. It’s 100 miles to a town of any substantial size. 25 to another small town with a mechanic who can look…maybe next week
I cannot even get the led to illuminate to the box.
It’s an Astro flex BBK. Professionally installed at a car dealer. Said dealer is 110 miles away.
Thanks in advance
Nick
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2023 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Start by metering the Red and Red/Black wires on the Asto Flex, to see if the unit has power. If no Power, check the fuses 1st. Next check the Black wire from the Astro Flex to check for ground. Next Meter the Blk/red wire, it should be "OPEN", if it's grounded, there is your issue.
principal8282 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote principal8282
I just saw this.
I have been having issues with a parasitic battery drain. Last night I disconnected the module for Astro start. No more overnight drain as measured by voltmeter.
I am going to see if blk and red is open or ground.
It was in a deer collision this fall. I bet the hood pin wire is open
Nick
principal8282 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote principal8282
Can I just slip the red black and tape it up? I cannot determine where it is.
I know it’s safety.
I also know nobody should be fooling around in a car with the astrostart live. Maybe a sticker saying NO HOOD PIN TURN VALET SWITCH OFF BEFORE BEGININNG WORK
Nick
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2023 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
You sure can.. Just cut the red black.. Your car your rules. I know in Canada, hood pins will rust out quickly.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic