the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Toyota Prius, Viper 4105v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2024 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Thanks for the update. Glad it's working well now.
My question is "Are you controlling the ADS AL-CA via the DBI Data harness or going with hardwire and "Standard Mode" on the ADS AL-CA? If you were to be using the Vipers' (-) Status Output going directly to the bypass and the vehicles Keysense wire without diode isolation, then simply inserting a key into the ignition switch might make the bypass think a R/S was being initiated.
Additionally, if the 2nd Status Output is set the Status instead of Defrost, then your Defrost circuit is being turned ON with every R/S without the 15 second delay.
If you were to run the ADS AL-CA in Data mode, run the Keysense wire with one (-) Status Output and the Key Lock Solenoid relay with the 2nd Status wire, then everything would work properly, albeit without the Defrost circuit function.
To run the Defrost with the 2nd Status Output set to Defrost, you could use the (-) Status Output to control two 12V mini-relays, each providing an isolated GWR signal to the necessary relay and Keysense.
Just some random thoughts if you encounter some issues in the future....
Soldering is fun!
winters692pr7 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2024 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote winters692pr7
I had to flash the ALCA to DBI but hardwire the connection to the viper's DBI (or D2D harness?) port. The 4 pin connector with
1 D2D-tx
2 (-) ground
3 D2D -rx
4 (+) 12v
I had an extra satellite harness connector that was unused from my 02 explorer install that is the same type connector for the DBI.
I only used #2 ground and #4 12v from that DBI port down to the ALCA bypass. The status wire from the viper (#1 output from satellite harness) was first T'd to the bypass status input then down further the status wire T'd to the dioded key sense....down further the status wire is terminated with a dioded relay. Just like the #77704 diagram illustrated.
So now the difference is the connection has been severed to the relay and the relay (or now "relays") are now being provided it's ground from the viper's 2nd status -rear defogger output. After expressing my afterthought in the previous post of puting the diodes back in, I did solder them back in both circuits. So the key sense is dioded from the status output wire and the relays are dioded in the defogger status output wire. All I know is, in the end, the #77704 document allows a back feed of 12v from that relay and disturbs the bypass' proper GWR input. The placement of the diodes do not account for the 12v+ coming from that direction. As for the 2nd status rear defrost wire, I wasn't aware you can change it from "status to defrost". The viper menu 2 feature 8 has a "2nd status behavior" with options of normal, latch rear defogger, and pulse rear defogger. I believe mine is set to normal. I guess I was assuming the defogger wire would be instantaneous and wasn't aware of a 15 sec delay. Supposing if there was a 15 sec delay, it would only delay the key lock solenoid relay by 15 secs. In turn the ability to shut down the car with the brake if the secure takeover wasn't satisfied wouldn't work within those 15 sec. I did think about the other wiring method as well. Seems like there could have been a few ways to overcome this flaw.
winters692pr7 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2024 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote winters692pr7
Fyi
I had used just the DBI data cable before without the status wire and had no success. And that was with flashing the ALCA to the standard mode. The status wire would have needed to be introduced to the nice clean data harness. So if I had to butcher, I would rather settle with the hardwire
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic