icon

Amp reviews.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone have any experience with SPL, Crunch, Lanzar Vibe, or Ma audio amps.  I have been getting mixed reviews on all.  Any review on either would help.  And if possible the amp model only 2-channel and mono..Also I live in Atlanta georgia and was wondering if anyone knew any good car audio shops around.

BulletTooth 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Don't know no stereo shops, but on the amps I would go first with the crunch and then with the Lanzar, the rest forget them. I like the new Crunch Powerzone anmplifiers they sound clean.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
how about ass, ass, ass, and even more ass...
the Vibe series would be the best out of those four, but relatively you are comparing dog crap to horse crap to cat crap to cow crap...none of these amps are what you would consider quality oriented products...the Lanzar amps are the only ones that even put out close to rated power unless they have all changed over night...not even saying they are very clean amps, but they almost live up to their claims...
save yourself up a few more dollars until you can afford a JBL 1200.1 if you dont really want to spend much money on your stereo...they go for about $280 if you shop around and are the only cheap amp that I would ever consider using personally...they somehow make them really well with alot of output while keeping the price down...and they are 2 or 1 ohm stable with virtually the same power at both impedance loads...
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have to agree with Big purds the brands listed above are not the wisest choice. But if you tell us what you plan on pushing with the amp, and your price range then we can make some better suggestions.
thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
i am either gonna buy a jbl 600 watt amp and put it on one of the 15's and put my punch 500 on the other wll it be safe I know i will have to play with the gain and bass levels to match them .  I am pushing 2 ma audio 150xe 15's
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
it will be damn near impossible to keep those two amps evenly matched if you were to try to use them one per sub...you would have to build separate chambers or you would have a very high chance of the two subs fighting eachother and killing them both prematurely...
you would be wiser to wait until u can afford a 1200.1 (its ONLY 280 bux!) and then use it...
amps react differently in different situations...some are more efficient than others so when you give them more voltage they are going to react a little differently, and when the impedance drops a few tenths of an ohm on a really low note, they will both be reacting differently and that is where you would encounter problems running them to your subs in a common chamber scenario...
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with Big Purds go for the JBL 1200.1. The price difference between the 600 and 1200 is less than $100
vex246 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Listen to what everyone is saying and buy JBL it is a very good brand of amp to i had two before i bought my Xtant X1001 which is even better if u r willing to pay.Listen to us and buy the JBL 1200.1.(it's only 280 bucks)
thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
i want to go with the jbl 1200 but it will be hard to find up here in atlanta ga.  The 600 I found from a friend in tx.  Dont like ebay i got cheated and dont want to use it anymore so any other places i can find it at thanks.
MrStangMan 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

just to prove its at plenty of other places... these sites each list a couple other sites that sell it and the price, lowest price isaw was around $260 for the JBL 1200.1.  ANY time im looking for car stuff stuff on the net, i go to google and type 'compare prices item' and replace item for what im looking for.  It comes up with a bunch of sites like the ones below... and you can find the cheapest one. 

http://www.carreview.com/PRD_30997_1806crx.aspx

http://rollingstone.dealtime.com/xCP-JBL_BP1200.1_Car_Audio_Amplifiers~FD-420~PD-20290029

http://www.eboodle.com/,mss__cat_id--11820000,prod_id--7224980,rf--wgg.html

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic