Nhspike 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

how good is their stuff?

amps?

speakers?

cables, misc?

local dealer is pushing them pretty hard... was curious what the forum's consideRED / observed opinions are...

just bought a pair of their "gold level" RCA 4 way cables, and think they helped cut down my engine noise considerably.

thanks!

spikey
'94 Lincoln, Sony CDX-CA810X, Pioneer TS-A1664/TS-A6963, MTX Blue Thunder PRO50X4, Kenwood KAC-7201, JL Audio 15W4 Sub
donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
I have herd from people that their stuff has some quality and sounds good. But I have never listened to any of their products myself.
Nhspike 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks donkason!

Anyone else?  I'm interested, cuz I may be buying one of their amps to power my sub in the near future...

Let's hear it people... good, bad, or whatever!

:)

spikey
'94 Lincoln, Sony CDX-CA810X, Pioneer TS-A1664/TS-A6963, MTX Blue Thunder PRO50X4, Kenwood KAC-7201, JL Audio 15W4 Sub
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

Their cables and amps are pretty good as well as their higher end subs. but I'm not a huge fan of their speakers.

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

Yep I have to agree with bberman1 here

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Ditto to the two comments above.  PG speakers sound kind of thin, IMO.  Phoenix Gold also makes Audio Control equipment, by the way... or at least they own the company!
vex246 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
They have quality amps that sound good.what i like about the brand so much is that they sell neon just especially for the amps which is pretty damn cool
Nhspike 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  

I'm getting a good vibe here... at least as far as buying a PG amp for my Kicker Comp 15 goes.

Of course, now that I'm getting comfortable with the idea of buying a PG amp, I stumble upon the Alpine MRP-M350... which looks real good for the money...

GRRRR! Decisions decisions!

hehehe guess that's half the fun, huh?

thanks for all the replys folks!

spikey
ntg84 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
i like their cables
DaRikster 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'll chime in.
On the topic of amps, the Ti line of amps are great. As were the old XS line. They did have a board problem with the Ti 800.1. Octane, while looking good and having the neon option, seem a little weak on power for the PG standards.
Their speakers are weak, personally I prefer the MBs or Bostons. Subs in the Ti line sound OK, but again the just don't tickle my fancy.
Wiring and connections from PG are some of the best out. But in most cases you can find items by other manufactuers that are comparable at lower cost.
The key thing on any install is to go out and experiance the products you are thinking of purchacing before buying. It's not what others say, just what you like that matters in audio.
If there is smoke, PRAY
If it's fire, PAY!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic