icon

Monitors black and white

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fordexplorer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

Can you give me reasons or support as to why my 2 Boss 5 inch sunvisor mount monitors would go from color to black and white? I have them mounted properly and they are going to BOSS video amplifier which is connected to Pyle DVD/ TV Tuner. It seems that they only go black and white when watching DVD after they have been on for at least 20 minutes. When you switch back to TV tuner the color returns. Could it be the RCA cables I have them hooked up too, also RCA barrel connecters (female) are used to connect each monitor to RCA cords to reach video splitter in the back of vehicle. The Power Accoutic 5.6 flip down in the middle of the truck is connected directly to video splitter and does not have this problem. Should I upgrade to just video cable for each monitor or move video splitter box to the front and connect each monitor directly and use video cord to reach DVD/Tunner in the back? Using video cable for each monitor will still require a female barrell connector. Does the DVD need a stronger signal than TV tuner and the RCA cables don't provide strong enough signal for DVD? Please help if possible.

mike
ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
Are you using "audio" RCA cables going to the monitors? If so you should be using "video" RCAs. It would be wise to use an upgrade video cable such as Monster. Also there is a company called IXOS that makes upgrade video cables for car audio/video applications and they have lengths all the way up to 16 feet. It is also possible that you could have defective monitors. One way to eliminate the product being defective is to take one of your monitors out and back to the video amp and run a short video lead from the video amplifier into the monitor, let it play for 20 min or so and see if they still go to B&W, if they do then you can assume that they are defective since your overhead is running off the same setup with no problems.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
fordexplorer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I actually moved video amp to the front under dash and connected visor monitors directly to video amp and upgraded to a "stinger" video cable. The monitors seemed to have cleared up some and color is better.  The TECH at BOSS audio made the same suggestion and stated that these monitors are very sensitve and seperate video cable from all other wires as well. Hopefully this has resolved it. If not i will probably go with a different brand because these monitors are not as clear and colorful as the power accoustic monitor. They both list the same number of pixels and all monitors are TFT (wide axis viewing). They are just not as good. I've had PYLE VIEW monitors as well and they are even better than the BOSS monitors. PYLE makes a 5 inch that looks just like the BOSS with the same mounting shrouds and dimensions. If boss still doesn't perform i will change them out
mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic