icon

L7 15 box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged  
I am getting my 15" L7 this week and wanted to know if you guys had any links or could tell me what would be the perfect box for one of them.  I have a 96 chysler concorde.  What kind of box should I get ported, sealed, vented help me out.  And should I get the Dual 2 ohm model since I am getting only one but in about a month I probably would get another if one doesnt satisfy my obsession with bass.  I have a Jbl 1200.1 I am gonna be pushing it with. 
iaudio 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
Stick with sealed enclosures with the kickers. They sound rough in ported boxes.
sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
I agree, definately stick with sealed, plus its a lot tighter bass.  From looking at the specs of the 1200.1 you would want to get the dual 4 ohm sub for your first sub because you can parrallel the VC's down to 2 ohms and get the full 1200w.  BUt if you want to plan for long term get the DVC at 2ohm's because you would series each subs VC's to go up to 4 ohms and then parrallel the two subs from the port holes of the box so therefore you would be running 2 ohms with two of them.  Hope that helps.....
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic