icon

New Solo Baric L7?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a new solo baric 15" L7 today.  I hooked it up to my JBL 1200.1 and it hits pretty hard but the bass drop is not really deep.  I mean I had one Kicker cvr 15" in my trunk on the same amp and when it dropped it dropped deep bass.  But my kicker is L7 is not doing it.  What could be the problem.  Do I need to break the sub in.  is it my box.  the dimesions on the box is 19"W x 17"D x 17"H. What sthe problem guys I played with the gains for about an hour help me out.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
What do you have the X-overs set at ?
Special-K 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
It takes time to break it in. That and i think the kicker Comp VRs in general will hit harder. i also  had a 15"
thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
my input level is about 3/4 up my lpf is about1/2 and my bass boost is about 3/4.  And You are saying kicker cvr's hit harder.  Everyone told me the L7 will blow the cvr's away.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
well you need to play with your crossover settings a bit and maybe have them around 100 hertz should do good.The l7 will have a more substantial amount of bass as compared to the comp vr as long as it is powered up properly..
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

the boxes for those subs are different, you make a box to specs?

also set the x-overs at the recommended amount.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well from what i've figured up, for one the box is kinda small. You have about a 2.5 cubic ft box. Is it ported or sealed?? Kicker specs is minimum sealed 1.5  to 6.0 max. If its ported the specs are 3.0 to 6.0. I was always under the impression that the you should go towards the upper end of the recommendations, esp with a 15 that needs some room to work its magic. Also which model did you get, 2 or 4 ohm and is it wired correctly?? Just some thoughts.
thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have the 4 ohm version and it is wired in parrallel.  The box is sealed and it does look small but people told me that the solo barics do not need a big box but some have told me that they need room in the box to really drop.  If anyone else has any ideas help me out.  If it is the box i probably will get a bigger v-tech box for it intead of my little factory box thanks,
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Well with the box dimensions you gave you would have about 3.17 cubic feet which would be minimum for that sub. If the box was made a little bigger the bass would go deeper but you should still have a verry low bass with the box you have, also i think you may want to play with your x over and see if it helps if not you can try putting poly fill in the box this should make the subs bass go a bit deeper. If you have it wired incorrectly your amp may not be giving you all the power you think so double check that you have the proper resistance that makes your amp give the most power.
thomasbutler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

looked at my wires again and found out that some of the wires in my rca plugs are not conected together they seem cut.  And when I push the jacks in more they play a whole lot louder so could the rca plugs be my problem.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic