icon

Best Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Never heard of Astrostart before anyone has heard of them before ?
The page looks poor and not quite profi :)
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

DEI...whatelse? I've seen more problems with the other brands out there...DEI all the way man !

Best Remote Starter - Page 2 -- posted image.

JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
I live in Canada and have used Astrostart....IT SUCKS...end of story, DEI is the way to go, they bought out all their competition and combined all the technologies...they know what they are doing
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
the only people i know that have problems with astrostart are in experienced installers the astrostart is definately more compex than others but in the hands of an experienced installer, the shys the limits baby
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
chpsk8 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
  • What about Compustar? 6600 foot range. Nice solid remotes, great tech support, etc... My installer loves 'em, and one of the more inexpensive ones has page back which is important to those of us who can't see the car when we activate it. I agree that DEI makes some great stuff, but the reality of it is that they make a ton of brands, all the same guts. Whats the deal with  Python, Viper, Hornet, etc... all the same guts, same cheesy remote, just a different name, and in some cases a different price. I don't get the marketing stategy.
  • Anyhow, what's the verdict on Compustar? Seems to be the stuff to me. I'm having 2 cars done this weekend.
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
The verdict on the marketing strategy is that by packaging the same items under a different brand they do not run into licensing conflicts with retailers operating in the same area (ie best buy & circuit city, etc etc). Technically speaking, DEI is not offering the "same" product, and can therefor market their "different" products in stores within close proximity of each other, reaching more customers and capturing an overall greater % of the market share, without breaking any contracts with retail chains.
chpsk8 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

That works for the uneducated consumer, but a few minutes on the internet and we all know the deep dark secret. I suppose that is why each name brand doesn't have a different, or better/worse looking or functioning remote. They are all just the same oompa loompas with a different name and a different snake or bug on the box.

DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Let me put my 2 cents in here. Just so you all know, I will let the cat out of the bag. DEI, Audiovox, Magnadyne, Omega and many others are made in the same factory in Taiwan. Nu-Tek. Dei is no better than everyone else. Great marketing deparment. They have the best support I feel and do a very good job with there instructions. They also will not warranty anything that was not professionally installed. I find DEI's tech data second to none. And I don't sell there products anymore. My favorite alarm and or remote start is still Audiovox. For the money they give you a great product. It's made in the same factory and they now have a great tech support website. I have used DEI's website up till now since they have changed the infamous 122t password. I also use Omega's website but I find it filled with many mistakes. I have been in business for 20 plus years now and I know them all. Code Alarm still brings chills to my spine. Audiovox bought them for the OEM car business. Daryl Issa started DEI and I was one of his first customers. I stopped buying when his reps insisted I buy product I did not want and I could not get product warranteed in a timely fashion. Audiovox warrantee's everything I have a problem with and I will admit I don't have many problems with there product. Usually remotes but they just give me new ones without even asking what's wrong with the one I am returning. I am impressed with the new product and will keep selling them as long as they stay reliable. I have used just about all of them. I installed a remote start yesterday called a Vampire I believe. Guy bought it at a computer show for $100 bucks and he got a what he paid for. It had the one pager remote and that was all. No start kill, and features were minimal. It worked Ok but the wiring was thin and I did not care for it. It looked like a Dyna Crap to me. You cannot go wrong with Audiovox by my opinion but what the hey, I have been doing this for thirty years now and have seen just about everything. I use to install the old key in the fender and firetruck siren under the hood. You can call me the old man on the block.
DanDan
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
COMUSTAR IS ALSO AN EXCELLENT UNIT THEIR PAGING TECNOLOGY IS SECOND TO NONE
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
eurotek 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

a good alarm and remote start will have easy to follow instructions,

• excellent warranty that can be guaranteed by a company that has proven itself to be reliable
  • have dealers nationwide to help you incase you have a problem
  • have features that are consumer friendly
  • alllow for additions
  • have excellent range (like 1500')
  • and most of all just make sense without having extra senseless connections that should have been designed inside the unit

Oh, I believe I just described DEI

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic