icon

hmm...What to do?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
troysnx 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I gotcha, so where exactly can I buy those specific boxes you provided images of?

R.Troy
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I replaced it with a link....since it was huge.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

those are "universal" boxes.

http://thezeb.com/caraudio/subzone.html

they have manufactored spec to subs at this link...if you get one of those.

but there isnt ne thing wrong with a universal one.

troysnx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry for asking all these silly questions (hey I'm new!) but I might as well ask now since your already online.

I noticed that there seems to be quite a big gap in price between the ported and sealed enclosures.  Is it worth almost doubling the cost for the slor ported box, is it really THAT big of a difference? I'm pretty much looking at the dual 10 inch options and $150 to $80 is a very large gap.

R.Troy
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

ya total difference.

Vented is for boomy bass while the sealed is for tight bass-like a bass drum..sharp.. also sealed take more power to get the same effect outta a vented

cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have one Rockford fosgate HE2 sub in my trunk and it pounded and shook the car until I had problem with my battery and had to unhook it.  So if you have a smaller car, go with one powerful sub.
1 plus 1 equals 2
troysnx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for bringing back yesturday's thread but I still have a few questions and  this thread is already about me and my growing system.  I've pretty much decided on 2 10's to place in the subzone slot ported box.  I've pretty much decided on a JBL BP600.1 or BP1200.1 (I'll figure that out for myself later)  But now I'm stuck.  I've been reffered to Comp VR's, Punch HX2's, and Alpine Type-R's for subs.  I listen to mostly hip hop/rap but soemtimes I bust out some old love songs for kicks.  What would you suggest our of these choices, or add a new choice for me.  If you could please give me a run down at which subs exel in which catigories

Any help?

R.Troy
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

the rockfords are good all around subs-i have heard them. the comps are more spl. the alpines i havent heard...but they look good.

http://thezeb.com/caraudio/rockfordfosgatesubs.html#he2

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
out of those 3 subs the Alpines are probably the nicest IMO...they are fairly loud and sound somewhat decent...the Rockfords are poor at both overall, and the compVRs were once a nice sub but Kicker has decided that they wanted to revamp the compVR and now it doesnt sound near as nice or seem to perform as well...
give me a price range fpr the subs and I will make some suggestions...also, what car, what year, and what is your overall budget (including wiring, alternator if necessary, etc etc...)
troysnx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 1987 Nissan Pulsar.  Very small car.  The trunk is really just part of the the interior, it doesn't get blocked by the rear seats.  I can get to it and see it from the front seats, if this makes any sense to you.  Between the subs and the amp (including wiring) I really do not want to spend over 550 on.  If I must I suppose I could always save up.
R.Troy
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic