icon

Strike Capacitors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Intensecustoms 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
i word like to get a word in for silver whatever..I have 6 jl15s in my truck 6xtant amps mbquart mids and a sh*t load of other stuff you probably wouldnt understand my truck hits 162.5dec. and for you to talk done on someone else who might be learning stuff as well as mostly everyone in 12volt .dude that takes some nerve.And best of all you work at were the maco of all stereo franchises.oh by the way my radio is a sony cdx-c90 let me guess that sony is junk right!!!!! educate dont procrastinate
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I remember when I was starting out in this stuff and could barely afford anything during my part time job in high school.  I got some of the cheapest bs stuff I could find to set up a system and still amazed quite a few people.  This stuff was even ranked below Sony.  Some of the stuff I still recommend just because it's cheap and gets the job done.  My stance on things is that it's the install that plays the biggest impact on how your system ranks.  Not to mentioned I learned a lot from working with crumby equipment like how to dodge noise and tune things to perfection.  As far as equipment goes I just recommend paying the most attention to your head unit.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

basically, i don't hate on sony,,,it is way better than factory.  Sony is something you sell to customers with blown factory speakers and just wana hear there tunes again.  The infinity/alpine and such is for the people that have made the step with the sony,,,and decided they want more , so they then get the good stuff.   I just wouldn't make a complete sony system,,i would suggest to the customer that ha/she would be better off in the long run to go for the higher quality product becuase it will be able to keep up with future upgrades.

my store sells soundstorm and alpine,,,and believe it or not, we sell more alpine than the sound storm just by giving them the "in the future" speach, , you can get most customers to step up the sale by $200-$500 by just doing that.......Yes soundstorm sux, but its what somepeople are looking for.

silversteve 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

OK,OK  i was a waaaayyy  too harsh, i'm sorry!  (I was in a crappy mood and i took it out in the wrong place) I still don't care for sony much but it is certainly better than factory.  Yes, i know sony used to make quite nice equipment in the past.  Unfortunately their quality has dwindled since which is quite unfortunate.  I know ccity is by far not the best place to get equipment but it is a great place to help newbies go in the right direction as far as quality.  as for 2f2f something (sorry, don't remember your full name)  i am sorry for being so harsh...   i personally don't recommend a full sony system...  most of the ones that i have heard tend to sound kinda flat and tinny...  and that sony cdx-c90 is a wonderful deck i do like the high end sony decks(forgot to put that in earlier) 

Please everyone accept my appology and my thoughtlessness  in this matter...  I promise not to do that again.

Also 2f2f, if you are looking at sony only, then look at their higher line of equipment..  it may cost more, but it is worth it.   But if you still want those amps, then they are going for 169 right now. (Pretty good price i think)

And again everyone, i'm very sorry.

Don't Sing IT... Just Bring IT!!!!
JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
silversteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  

Oh, i almost forgot to add...   Those sony systems that i have heard have still been quite loud  and the people who did them were quite happy with em...   

Also no one has the best and no one has the worst system, cause it's all a matter of what YOU think. 

Again, and no i can't say this enough, i am sorry 2f2f4evvr for talking down i'm sure your system will rock once it is all done no matter what.  You really didn't deserve what i said. I was wrong..   The owner's opinion is the only one that matters if it's for fun and the db meter is the only thing that matters in spl.

JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
tuneman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
Anyways, back the original question, I've always gone by the good ole rule of 1 farad per 500 watts. It's always seemed to work good anyways. Of course if a guy is getting up to 1000 to 1500 watts system power (RMS of course) , he better be looking at a new alternator and battery.
NaughtyLMnky 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
tuneman is right.  I have always gone by the 1000 per farad rule but if you start to need more than one or two farads you should look else where to beef things up.  I would recommend the alternator.  I kept putting it off with my first install and I smoked three of the stock ones in about a year and a half.  I know the good ones aren't cheap, but its better to shell it out right away than to continuously replace the cheaper ones.
silversteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

I personally use a 1 farad  for my 800 watts and it works perfectly while driving, absolutely no flicker (unless my truck is turned off or just idling.   Although a new beefier alternator and battery would probably get rid of that.

JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
2f2f4evva 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanx guys, and silversteve, its quite alright.....we all get down sometimes and im sorry to hear that things werent goin well for ya.  thank you everyone and this is 2f2f signing offStrike Capacitors - Page 2 -- posted image.
"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic