icon

1991 towncar alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
it is a crimestopper 900 remote start.i have it hooked up tachless,it runs with the key,I have installed many of these and I have never had this problem before!I know i have the right disarm wire because the security light on the dash goes out when that wire is negetive pulsed.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Assuming the unit is installed correctly, the problem is that tachless mode is not working, so you need to hook up the tach wire.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Try to run the RS in tach mode the tach monitor may not be picking up the correct voltage from the tachless. Now when it runs and t5hen shuts it self off does the service engine light flash?
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
I will try the tach method,the service engine light doe'snt come on when the engine shut's off.
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i would go with the tach mode then. If the service engine light would flash when it was trying to start you would have to find another factory disarm.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up the tach wire and it still didn't stay running,What I found is if I hit the unlock button on the remote the car will start but at a higher than normal idle,it will run for about 60 secnds then shut down,The unit restarts the car (up to 3 attemps on these models)and it's at normal idle and it stays running for the programed time.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
What you have discribe here sounds like the proper tach RPM has not been recorded into the RS module.
I would relearn the tach RPM, once the vehicle is fully warm, and in gear to drop the RPM to a nominal level.
Regarding the tachless mode. If the RS is not wired directly to the battery for both power supplies. The voltage rise it expects to see, may not be recorded and thus the unit will not operate as expected.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
prdjr165 wrote:
alright,I have found the wire in the dr door boot,It is pos. and goe's to ground when the key is turned to unlock the dr. door.I hooked my fact. disarm wire to this wire
Why would you do this???
I hope you also connected the ORANGE / BLACK (-) wire coming off of the RS-900 unit, to the OEM disarm wire which you have already indicated as finding.
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
The factory dis-arm wire is ORANGE / black!The car still doe's not start and stay running,I give up!
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Did you just hook up the tach wire, or did you program the tach too?
Do you have all necessary Ignition and accessory wires hooked up?
Ign 1 BROWN / Pink
Ign 2 Pink/Black
Acc 1 BLACK/ Lt.Green
I guess I am a litle confused becasue you said above that if you unlock the doors that the car will start and idle high, then after 60 seconds will shut down, then the unit will attempty to restart again and stay running? Is that right: it will stay running, but only after it has shut down once or twice first, and only if you unlock the doors first?
ANy further deatiled information would be helpful.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic