icon

Door trigger problem with 03 eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fred Anthony 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Well yes and no. Okay the 790 has the little lcd pager remote, on that the car image. When I arm the system it shows a little door flashing on the lcd pager. In the manual it states the door icon will flash if the door is open when armed or being bypassed. But the door is 100% closed. This only happens on some locks. Other times it arms with no door icon, only arming icon. I spliced right into the wire at the door switch itself, I checked it with a DMM and it is showing the right voltage. Any clue, why is arming with bypass on the door or why the icon still shows sometimes? 
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry don't know if I can edit posts..lol..BTW the alarm is not triggered. It arms fine, only the lcd will show door, and siren will chirp once more. You think I should just try to find that damned GREEN/ YELLOW that I orignally tapped into? Also do I need both domelight super vision and door trigger wired up. Thanks again.

Fred.

Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Bumpin it up for jrilla or anyone who can help me out..
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Do you even have a little light under your dash?
If so, test the two wires. If one is negative when the door is open only, then that is your only door trigger wire needed.
If not, then I'll think look for some further info, unless you can find that GREEN/ YELLOW wire you mentioned.
Like I said before, Domelight supervision turns your dome light on for about 30 seconds after you disarm your alarm. If you like that feature then install it. But this is a secondary issue since you haven't found the wire needed to do this, since it is the same wire you need for your door trigger.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  

What?? Lol I do have the wire for the domelight supervison, all the lights come on when the door is open and stay on for a bit..your saying use the same wire for the door trigger..All the wiring diag. I have show a different wire..I will try it and see what happens.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Um, when you say that the domelight comes on when you open the door, that isnt related to the Vipers domelight supervision out, because every car has that regardless of whether or not an alarm is installed right? I mean if you disconnected that wire from the viper, your lights would still come on when you opened the door.
The dome light supervision output wire from the viper provides a (-) output for about 30 seconds after you press the unlock/disarm button, that is if you have that wire connected to the domelight wire on the car and it is connected properly, i.e. correct polarity and strong enough current.
What wire do you have your domelight output connected to on the car?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I have BLACK/ white from 790 to GREEN/ orange..the domelights do stay on for about 30 seconds when I disarm, so that is working fine. Sorry if I am wasting your time..don't mean to. I guess I will try running the green from 790      (- door trigger) to the same wire (GREEN/ orange) that is used for domelight supervision. Thanks jrilla.

Fred.

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Some times you can use the same wire as your door trigger for dome light supervision. Dome light supervision sometimes require an extra realay. It only requires a relay if the current draw is more than the alarm output. But if you already have this wire, and it's properly fuctioning...then try hooking up that BLACK/ white wire from the alarm to that wire as well. It should work...
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hope that helps...
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic