icon

Head Units - What do you use?- Favorites

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
My radio got stolen from my car when it was in my garage.  My point was that if somebody really wants what you have, they are going to get it.  All you can do is layer your security so that you can be as safe as possible.  Do I think a thief will stop trying to take out your radio if it has a backstrap?? Maybe... It all depends on the thief, where you are parked, how bad they really want it.  There are a million factors to take into consideration.  I don't know how all thieves think.  If some crackhead breaks into your car, I think a backstrap will absolutely stop them.  I think it will also stop a more experienced thief who doesn't want to burn time screwing with your car.  If, however, you happen to ge that particular thief who isn't afraid to spend a lot of time in your car, and isn't going to leave until he/she gets your radio, then you are probably screwed no matter what.  This all goes back to my original point of layers of security to do the best you can to help yourself. 
I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I'm strictly an Alpine Man, I have the CVA-1004 in my 03 Altima and a  CDA-7876 with the 320 DSP in my 92 Accord.  Both vehicles also have the TUA-T020XM, XM receivers.  I definitely love the simplicity of Alpine's AI net.
Do it right the first time
P1atinum 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

I currently run an eclipse 5506 and have ran eclipse decks since 95. Except for a 6-month trial of a McIntosh 406, (OMG sweet sounding with McIntosh amps and Focal speakers) but it didn’t have the look or the features I wanted. So back to Eclipse I went. and have stuck with them.

The main reason I have used Eclipse is for the line level output, good voltage and a clean sound. I wouldn’t really use the Fade or bass control, eq or environment settings on a deck; I try and use external devises for that. I just don’t think a Deck can accomplish those tasks with a quality result. (well except for Fade) but if you have the choice it's better to get the right components for what you want to accomplish. Whether that is Bass or Sound Quality. Save your money and get the right gear.

As far as theft goes. I have never thought detachable face was the way to go, just too much of a pain in the arse to carry the face around with you all the time. So then you leave it in the car and BAMB it's gone. I have to agree with Ezekial about layering your security. 1) Don’t advertise your stereo when you pull into your Neighborhood or pull into work, turn it down. 2) Do advertise your alarm make sure your LED can be seen and you have a good alarm, preferably with Batt backup, Strobes and Pezo's 3) If you can tint your windows do so. 4) Back strap your deck, make it as hard as possible to get out. 5) Try and park it where people will pay attention to your alarm when it goes off. Got to echo if the Thief wants your gear bad enough nothing will stop them all you can hope for is to not make it easy for them.

My two cents

P1

gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have used both pioneer deh-p8000r and the alpine cda-7894 and I was extremely happy with them both. The pioneer had aewsome eq capabilities and the alpine had a lot of power. I would recommend them both but the 8000 is an old model so you should check out the 9400, it is a newer model but it plays mp3. It is probably the most comparable.
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have used both pioneer deh-p8000r and the alpine cda-7894 and I was extremely happy with them both. The pioneer had aewsome eq capabilities and the alpine had a lot of power. I would recommend them both but the 8000 is an old model so you should check out the 9400, it is a newer model but it plays mp3.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

I dont think pioneers quality is that great ,especially compared to a brand like Alpine or Eclipse. They kind of remind me of Audiobahn because of all their stuffs features. They can put alot of features on an inexpensive product if thats what you really want ,but I wouldnt buy their more expensive stuff.

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic