icon

Doesn’t see command confirmation anymore

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Derekc 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

My remote control for my Viper 791VX doesn't see any command confirmation from the alarm anymore. It arms, disarms, and remote-starts my car perfectly. Used to be when I pressed a buttom (say arm), it wouldl arm the car and the car will chirp and then my remote will receive a confirmation signal and beep once. Now the remote complains no confirmation signal received. Any idea?

I think I tried to enter and exit valet mode (without really know what I pressed) right before it stopped working. I might have messed up some programming.

Any help would be appreciated.

dc
GSaquarius 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure the system is arming? does the siren chirp when you lock and unlock the doors? if not............to place the alarm in valet or out...i believe if you have to open a door and hit lock, unlock, and lock on the remote in sequence....
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
not really sure on this, but check the battery maybe?  i know they make noise when its low but who knows.  to you get the tx/rx indicators?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Derekc,
It's possible that command page is turned off.
1) Enter programming by pressing all four buttons at once, you'll hear a tone.
2) Within five seconds press the STAR button. Each press turns it on or off.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Derekc 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

I looked up the installation and user manuals. The exact symphom is comand page is not received by the remote control when a command is transmitted to the vehicle and the "signal icom" is displayed and beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep.

Today I bought another remote control and programmed it and same problem with is new remote control. I even tried enabling/disabling that PageMode on/off remote control feature (press all four buttom at the same time and then the * button), same thing, no help.

It looks like it is not the remote control. It must to something with the brain or wire in the car. Or it is the antenna. I will open it up and check tomorrow and update this thread.

Thanks guys.

(It is not the battery nor the valet mode.)

dc

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic