icon

making custom box help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah my friend had his trunk customized.. not very nice.. but better than just a plain box. or a box mounted into the floor.

i like how they put up this leather covered board..it covers the entire back trunk .... but its facing foward. thers like about 1.5 feet of space left to put stuff... but yeah

i was wondering what is that leather look a like cover they used...? where can i buy it?

also wut type of wood did they use.. its pretty thin.. and light. also... i will be putting it into my acura legend 94 4 door.

soup 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
you should check out the fiberglass/interior section of this forum
I imagine what they used was just vinyl... the type of board could have been anything really, but i would imagine they just used plywood or partical board for the covers. The sub box it's self would be made out of MDF, but I imagine you know that, seeing as how you arent a newbie. You can get vinyl all over the place. Try a local apholstry shop for the best price and variety.... someone who has large rolls of it that they will sell you some. Here in Canada you can even get strips of it at Canadian Tire... in the states I am not sure what your equivelant is to Canadian Tire, but maybe a place like Pep Boys, Walmart might carry some..
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I used 1/4 MDF then covered it in vinyl.
The most difficult part is measuring and cutting the board and making sure the hole that you cut to display your gear is centered.
My sugesstion is to measure then measure again. Take your time. Use thick construction paper to aid in your design.
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

Tcole wrote:
I used 1/4 MDF then covered it in vinyl.
The most difficult part is measuring and cutting the board and making sure the hole that you cut to display your gear is centered.
My sugesstion is to measure then measure again. Take your time. Use thick construction paper to aid in your design.
T

where can i buy such 1/4 mdf  and vinyl? covering the oard with vinyl how is the process done?

where do u live? do you have a. i. m?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic