icon

making sub box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, Try to make a box 30 inches across the face, 15inces high, and 14inches deep. Check to see if that box will fit in your trunk. I dont drive a honda so I cant measure it for myself. Put a solid wall inside the box down the center so you have 2 chambers, with this wall and the speaker displacement it should give you the right air space. Also those numbers I gave you are exterior dimensions.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  

so then lets go by Length , height , and width.

30 inches long across the face. then 15 inches high, then 14 inches from the face to the back. THen put in  mdf board ijn the middle to creat 2 chambers.
do the wall that is inmiddle that will be dividing the chambers need to be glued and screwed?

then how do i create a whole or where do i create a whole for the speaker wires.. the.. umm.. wutcha call it... the thing..!! darn i can't remeber the name for it.

bryceyaworsky 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  

yes, the divider needs to be screwed and glued.  For the speaker wire there are two ways to do it: 1) make cut-outs at the back for terminal cups  2) drill a slightly smaller hole than your speaker wire and feed it through.  Either way you need to seal it up on the inside with silicone. 

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

ok but i dont have terminal cups wehre can i buy them do they sell them on ebay?

or should i just take it from my old sub box.?

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

oh for get about the sub woofer box. i know now thanx alot

go to my post. about my amp not turning on!!!

theres something wrong with the hot wire.. no power... i checked the fused on the 8 guage and still nothing ! wtf!

Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic