icon

best box for audiobahn subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
Now I am gonna have to chime in here. I dont know what to say about the bad experiences of these subs but I have used them a ton and had very minimal problems. One problem was the 06 and 08 series subs. They would hit the back plate and break spiders and cones. They redesigned them to fix this. Now there is 1 series of subs that I have always told my customers in the past and will continue to tell is THE best sub for the money. That line is the 00 series, example AW1000, AW1200, AW1500. The 10, 12, and 15" models are 600, 700, and 800 watts RMS respectively and I promise that they will take much more in the correct box. I have not had 1 single 00 series sub to blow in the 3 years I have been selling and installing them. Keep in mind that I install everything I sell and I always use ported boxes for these subs, which helps with the power handling. Also, I have used nothing less than a Audiobahn A1300HC to drive the subs. I just did a firebird with 2 AW1200T subs and 2 Coustic 801DB amps. Those are some bad a$$ amps. The subs were getting thrown like they were hooked to an electric chair but no bottoming out and still hit hard. There is always some nut out there who doesnt know what a sub sounds like when its distorting.
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Muchas Gracias for the responses guys!  What is the overall opinion on My subs, Audioobahn aw1051q's?  In response to jbjohn, you said you put your subs in a box giving each 2 CUFT, but what line of Audiobahns do you have?  Could someoneout there tell me how to determine if my bandpass box is the right size? 
FullForce 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
the 1051 is the lowest grade sub that audiobahn makes ... that doesnt mean its not a good sub .... i have tried a pair of 1051 and a pair of 1251 subs bandpass and they sounded like ass
best thing you can do is put them in a good ported box .... try a 1.25 cube per speaker with a 3 inch port 8 - 10 inches long depending on the kind of music you like .... this guy that works with me is still bumping his 4 year old 1051's in the bported box i built and he listens to rap so they get a workout
jbjohn22jb 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
I have Audiobahhn model number AWI25IT. I had minimal space in the original box, so i built a new box giving them the most allowable space for each chamber. If you got to Audiobahn.com , they give you all the specs you need. Just click under "tech support", and then under "woofer / box parameters" click 2002, and then click "2002 box parameters. That will give you the allowable cu ft you need for your subs. You can also go to "calculators" and that will tell you how much cu ft you would have with your specific dimensions of your box. Let me know if you need anything else.
"I'm only doin' this for ya because I heard that Buffalo Bob guy shoved a road flare up yer bunghole...."
Kenwwod 315s
2 Audiobahn AWI25IT
1 Audiobahn A275HCT
1 Tsunami 1.0
1 Legacy 3.0
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, how do your 1251's sound in the new box?  I started to build a new box last night giving each sub 1.o6 cuft., which is the exact maximun reccomended size according to the Audiobahn manual.  I'm doing a plain ole' sealed box-seems to be what the majority of people reccomend.  FullForce says I should give each sub 1.25 cuft in a ported box.  The spec. sheet says .88 cuft. for a ported.  What would the difference be if the subs are in a bigger box than reccomended?  I know that they require less power in a bigger box but won't I be sacrificing SQ?
audiobahn10s 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

i have 2 aw1000x subwoofers and use to have them in a .75 per chamber sealed box, they got really deep but not real real loud in a trunk, in a hatch i bet they would light up a storm, now i got 3.5 cubic foot slot ported box and its rumbles, ive beaten a kove 12, hx2 2 and lost to 2 powerbass 12s in some soundoffs, not real spl ones tho, the ported box rumbles off my profile, its almost to loud to sit in it with it way up, in a hatch i bet they would do a good spl score, ported is pretty nice with audiobahn!!

FullForce 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
the 1000 series subs are made for smaller boxes than the 1051's so dont bother trying to compare them ... the 1000 subs are a whole different animal, like a lion
alex, if you want some good advice throw the spec sheet that came with your subs in the trash where it belongs and follow the specs on the audiobahn website which will tell you to use a 1.5 cube box with a 3" port 6.5" long .... notice that their box is bigger than the one i recommended which is why their port doesnt have to be as long ... either box will sound good and the subs will live as long as you dont ride around with them being driven into distortion
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  

my audio distributor told me that he saw the audiobahn demo car at the spring break nationals, and the system went smokey smokey right there on the floor. go figure. and people say my Boss products are bad.

Big Dave
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
what demo vehicle was it?
If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
haha thats a great way to sell products... let em smoke in front of hundreds of people in your demo car  :)
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic