icon

Amp wont turn on?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  

i dont run the 4 guage wire that i have already cuz it sounds like crap. its sounds like weak and not the same bass.

the 8 guage wire kicked and damn it sounded great..

then when i switched to the 4 guage. yes it powers the amp. but then the sub woofers sounds Retarded! like seriously

so i guess i'm going to have to buy an 8 guage wire with a fuse... and all that other stuf.. man. i'm not even sure y the old 8 guage wire is not passing power thru?

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  

wut i might try to do is change the fuse, and see if its the fuse.. i ddint' change it yet all i did was pull it out and look it at..

if thats not the problem i guess i'll change the fuse holdre by the battery , if thats not the case. then i will have no choice but to be mad and grumpy and stubborn AND i'll pay you or sombody to do it for me to make it work

i'm serious, if u are willing to do it for me i will pay you!!! $45 labor us dallors SERIOUS let me know u are interested!

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
interested sure, possible probally not, i can bet im at least 2400 miles away from where ever you are.
Quad L Handyman services
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
And I'm even further, but I need a roadtrip, so if airfare and drinks are included let me know.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
umm the way i tell if im getting power for the battery...prob not the smartest way... but take the power wire and try to touch it to metal of the car and see if it sparks... its like making a big battery loop if no spark the fuse is prob shot.... just dont hold it long itll fry the fuse...
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
dmm anyone?
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

flatulatta wrote:
umm the way i tell if im getting power for the battery...prob not the smartest way... but take the power wire and try to touch it to metal of the car and see if it sparks... its like making a big battery loop if no spark the fuse is prob shot.... just dont hold it long itll fry the fuse...

yeah i did that. i took the hot wire and touched the ground wire. no spark.

then i took the hot wire and touched the metal part of my car. no spark.

then i wet both of hands... then i held the ground wire with my right hand.. then picked up the hot wire with my left hand. ... i'm still alive. lolz

but yeah so theres no power going thru the hot wire. and the fuse is not blown... so i dunno plz help me!!!!! I HATE SONY'z !!!!!!! i dont want to buy newer system i would like to make the best of it pLz!! i'm sorry help me plz!!!

let me know where u are located to see if i can get a plane ticket for you. u can probably spend the night at my house. u like Jack Daniels? Corona?

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
where do u live in states? lol
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
umm that means ur power wire is shot or you have a fuse somewheres thats blown that happened 2 me i fried a fuse and couldnt find it till like a week later repplaced it and zap
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
i bet your holder or fuse isnt conducting power towards your amp cuz obviously its not gettin power after that point
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic