icon

trunks vs hatchbacks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
i had a MTX 15 in my old hatchback before it died and it was hella loud.  however, when i put it in the trunk of my other car it seemed alot louder and i think it sounded better imo.  although i always have my back seat folded down.  i think im actually going to put bucket seats in the back so theres always a space going into the trunk so i dont have to fold the seat down. 
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a full size bronco and thats the sh*t. I have 8 MSX audio 12's in the back. A full size suv always hits the spot.
Big Dave
audiobahn10s 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

yea, thanks guys, and does anyone know the demensions of the smallest width part of a eclipse hatchback?? the 95-99's, and do you think a hatch is a 3db gain? so along with a hatch and good sound deadning you might gain near 5db of more sound?

audiobahn10s)

kngflp 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Is porting a decklid as simple as cutting holes and inserting ports or is there some equation to get it tuned properly. i have 2 audiobahn aw12its in a sealed box it was run buy a mtx 6500D amp until this afternoon when it died, but since i had an extended warrenty on the amp im going to get the audiobahn 8000T amp. I am a little disapointed to see that the audiobahns arn't holding up to well but thats why i buy subs from , don't laugh, Circuit City for a little bit extra you can get a warranty.I just want more sound in the cabin of the car, not the trunk.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
yes it is and no its not, you still have to take into consideration the length of the ports. if you extend your ports through the rear deck you need to remeber that the length of the port inside and out side of your enclosure have to be added together and all. to your desired tuning fhz.
Quad L Handyman services
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
well i have a singlecab ranger, with one itty bitty 10 with very little power running to it, but it goes deeper than some 12s i have heard
kngflp 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ideally I would have a large box ported directley into the cabin of the car, but since i have a sealed box 2 cubic feet i believe how long should my ports be, I was thinking one or two slotted ports near the top of the backseat between the 5x7s would be less obvious than two or three large circular ports so what would be ideal? This is of course open to anyone with any input.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
you could also, get some small 4" grills if you were to use round ports.
Quad L Handyman services
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

Audiobahn10s,

The smallest part of the trunk of my 96 eclipse is about 42 inches (give or take an inch)

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic