icon

Which head unit Alpine/Sony

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
second that forbidden, i mean look at Audiobahn. (sorry had to)
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
OK I gotta throw in my two sense here. While sony decks have a history of being garbage, I gotta say that we sold quite a few of the new ones already and even though it has only been 3 months since we got them, I have yet to have a single problem with them. Mabye they finally turned a corner and are headed up hill. Here's to wishing. Also if any one read some of my previous posts, I wouldnt recomend alpine head units to my worst enemy. I have one thats 2 years old and I HATE the way it sounds. It replaced my pioneer, which by the way was still perfectly good I just wanted to try a higher end Alpine deck since I always hear about how good they are, so I traded my deck for this one. Anyways I thought that my subs sounded way worst and I did definatly lose 2.3 dbs according to the rta meter. And before you ask, the pioneer was 4v and the Alpine was also rated at 4 volts. We all know those ratings are BS anyways but thats kinda besides the point. Anyways that was my two cents about alpine
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
FredA1974 
Copper - Posts: 31
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, now we got this going. I always had a Pioneer deck myself and like them. I wanted to change up a little too and I bought an Alpine IVA-d900 and it was awesome unit. It was way over my budget so I sold it and went back to Pioneer AVH-p6500DVD. This unit had nothing on the Alpine the Alpine blow it out of the water. So I was very unhappy with this deck so I sold it with the thought of going back to a Alpine deck but a cheaper one. Thought of doing without the DVD and monitor since I never used it. I have installed a CDA-9825 and a CDA-9827 and I did not like the way it sounded. I installed a Sony Cheap ass Sony deck with factory speakers and it didn't sound to bad. This is why I thought about creating this post. I know history says Alpine is probably one of the best. Sony not so good. But The units I heard lately I think the Sony is moving up in this world. I could be wrong though. If others agree then please be heard. I need to come up with something soon. With that just said from the post above mine I am leaning towards the Sony deck. I will let you all know of the out come and how it all sounded.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
If it does turn out to be a lemon dont come down on me, I was just throwing in my tow cents and would feel really bad if you bought a deck because of my suggetion and it turns into a lemon for you, as far as the preference from alpine to pioneer, to each his own. I cant say that my exerience was something that I see happen a lot. Alpine is a very successful company and there must be a reason for it, I just cant figure it out :)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

ummm why hasnt anyone said anything about eclipse?? most alpines dont run cheap.. im to lazy to look for those 2...but i could get a realatively good one for about 250... and the most expenisve only 500.... ....

ok just looked.... alpine is almost 500$$ US for that just go and buy an eclipse cd8454.....

Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
"Friends dont let friends buy Sony"
Now thats a good catch phrase
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Like that did you, I have a ton of them. I'm sure that people are wondering what I would recommend but it was not the question that was asked.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic