the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Looking for a pair of Subs, 1ohm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
IN descrption
right next to Impedance: it is ( )
Sebastian018 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Does anybody know how the Kicker L7 this model S10L7
Its DVC 4 ohm, Its 600W rms Each one the 2004 model.. abybody know how it sounds
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Is your amp a stereo amp or a mono amp? if it is a stereo amp, you need two 4 ohm woofers. 4 ohms in parallel with 4 ohm equals 2 ohms, bridgd to the amp IS one ohm... PER CHANNEL. if it is a mono amp, then, yeah, you gotta keep lookin for DVC 4 ohm woofers, but may I suggest these? I think you'll be very happy with them run with 500 watts each...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
MY amp is the Memphis 16-MC-1000D which im running it at 1 ohm, that why i was looking at dvc 4 ohms..
the ones you suggested me are the eclipse, i know they are really good but also really $$$, which now I dont want to spend that much..
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
The Eclipse aluminum dvc subs are just amazing, another close contender is the very similar Lightning Audio Strike aluminum subs, S3.12.vc2. If you can't quite stretch for the Eclipse, I have had great results with the Lightning subs.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking at their website and looks good, Does play loud, better than kicker, i dont know that brand.. ANd where can i get it...
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
and the storn model? better than the strike or not>
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the Kicker is a great sub for SPL but is a moderate performer for every day SQ. The Storm subs are an entirely different hockey game, designed for some serious hardcore use, they are a step up from the Strike series. The Strike aluminum subs like I said sound great, work in either a small sealed enclosure of a large ported enclosure. We have one VW GTI that consistently hits in the mid 140's with these subs in a ported box and it sounds just fine. However they still do not compare to the Eclipse aluminum subs, save a couple of extra beans and buy the Eclipse.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I PM bberman, i know he carrys that brand,Eclipse, because i cant find any dealers here in miami,,,... I will see how much are they. I think im just going to go with the eclipse.
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Oh one more think, I know soundstream is not the same as the Old Soundstream, but i hear the subs i think tarantula models are really good, also how about the Rockford Fostage, Im actually looking for SPL subs.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic