the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Looking for a pair of Subs, 1ohm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Guys WHat would be the difference between a 15" subs with 500W rms and a 12" sub with the same RMs 500W
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2004 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
3"?  Looking for a pair of Subs, 1ohm - Page 3 -- posted image.  Sorry, couldn't resist..  Don't get hung up on power ratings as they mean very little to how a speaker will sound.  In general, a 15" loudspeaker driver will have more authority and generate more SPL at the lowest frequencies than a 12" from the same manufacturer.  It will also tend to be "flabbier" and not sound as tight, especially in the higher ranges.  But that is also a function of the enclosure design and the intended application and lots of other design and installation factors, so it is not a generally true statement.  Also, if you're talking about a 15" loudspeaker from Brand A and a 12" from Brand B, you cannot acurately compare them based on cone size or printed specs.  You have to compare them side by side with the same amplifier and similar enclosures to really see any  differences.  And there are plenty of 12" drivers out there that will outperform some 15" drivers...
Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

I think Sound Advice, 12200 SW 88th Street, Miami, FL 33186 is an Eclipse dealer.  Give them a call.

Support the12volt.com
Sebastian018 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
OH, I have a SOund advice like 5 minutes from my house, I will take a look at it. t hank you for your help....
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
I went to Sound Advie, they didnt have the DVC dual 4 ohms only single voice. but they were 430.00 EACH ONE the 12, and they can order for me and it takes like 2 -3 weeks. I told them not way... That too much $#$$$$$. Which other subs Not THAT Expensive could i get.
DYohn 
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, Eclipse drivers do cost about that much.  But remember that you almost always get what you pay for!  They are about in the middle of the price spectrum, though, as you could spend a lot more than that on high quality speakers.

How much do you want to spend?

Support the12volt.com
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
YYEs, I know they were expensive, the think is i just got new setup for my new car which i spend like US 3.500 ANd I used to have the PIoneer Premier SPL series, which they sound nice, BUt i sold them and Now I want to spend like $500.. I was looking looking at the Kicker L7 the 12",
Because my amp is 1100 W rms at 1 ohm., so i need to get like a 500W rms each subs DVC 4 ohm
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh I want MORE SPL than SQ
DYohn 
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
SPL eh?  Two 12" DVC 4-ohm drivers that can handle the power from your amp at 1100 watts, eh?  $500 eh?  Buy a pair of these Kove drivers from Parts Express and have a ported enclosure built for them.  Pound, baby, pound!
Support the12volt.com
Sebastian018 
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Is that brand good? have you ever hear them.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic