icon

What Voice Module is this? how to install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blindxp 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

Trying to find install guide!? for this item (it might be DEI @  www.directed.com):

http://www.kniepkamp.net/ebay/may04/CIMG0481.JPG

I bought a viper 600 with poximity sensor and voice module. The prox. sensor is wired into the voice module already and has every wire hooked up to something (no loose ends). However the voice module has green, blue, yellow, orange, red, and black all left hangin :(

I would guess red needs constant power, black is grounded to chassis and orange goes to the viper's orange wire (alarmed (-) output).  Where do I put the rest? the blue still has a piece of solid black (for the speaker maybe?) The green still has apiece of black with a white stripe, the yellow has a crimp but no wire on the other end. Anyone know what goes where?

grn, blu, ylw, org, red, bk all need somewhere to go!

jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
well in most cases yellow is constant...red is switched...black is ground...pass that it is up in air...
blindxp 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
ok my old alarm had a switched 12v accessory output, I could put red to that....
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
when you connect the orange wire to the orange wire of the viper alarm youu will have to cut the wire from the alarm and place a diod in line with the stripe faceing twords the brainand the connect the wire from the voice mod and connect it on the brain side of the diod.
zargon ruler of estranorth
blindxp 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

copy and paste the image link to see it. I can't get to it by jsut clicking, go figure...

blindxp 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

"connect the wire from the voice mod and connect it on the brain side of the diod.

"

what? connect my voice mod to the brain side of the diode? then the brain connects to the voice mod side? why wouldn't I just put the stripe of the diode on the other side?What Voice Module is this? how to install -- posted image.

repeat?

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
What model voice module is this?? Is it a 516u? A 516l? or what???
blindxp 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

I don't know what make/model it is! And its ticking me off!

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Green and Blue are probally your triggers, yellow ignition, Red Constant, Black ground, Orange ?. On alarms and alarm sensors yellow is almost always ignition and red is Constant. Opposite of decks.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
If its a DEI voice module, it will have a number on the brain. The number will most likely be 516U or 516L or sumthin like that.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic