the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installers... anyone famliar with AvantGuard 4?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gpgtp00 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2002 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey fellas.. just wanted to know if anyone had any tips for installing the AvantGuard 4? Thanks ~Ed
ThurzNite 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2002 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking about buying this and installing it myself...looking at the avantguard 3 wiring diagram, looks like a lotta wires! I've installed an Avital Pheonix2 and AVital Diablo2...how much more difficult is the Avantguard4?
Jae
gpgtp00 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2002 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
It does have a crap load of wires. Its really not that bad to hook up though. I like the alarm. Heres a link to the install .pdf file is you want an idea about the wiring. http://www.directed.com/guides/pdfs/Clifford/igs/avantguard4_install.pdf
zzooomm 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2002 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
I am reinstalling mine in the morning in my new car.  Mount all componets first, then wire.  I didn't have an install manual so I had to wing it.  I had the wire diagram.  I mounted the light sensor in a place where the lights on my vehicle were on all the time.  It was to dark.  Just take your time and do it right, don't be in a hurry.  I took a week to install it, and you couldn't find any of the clifford wires.  All those wires look scary, but it isn't to bad if you have installed alarms before.  I have 15 years experience doing it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic