icon

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Radio is bad bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
if you replace the deck if you need to, you can use the Scosche GM Relocation Harness, then just run a new ignition wire if needed, also the relocation harness comes with a speaker for door chime and/or on star. The harness costs about 60 bucks and also requires you leave the factory radio connected and mounted in the trunk or stuffed behind dash. Also I have noticed that it seems you use the relocation harness when you have Onstar or the message center display on your instrument cluster (animated display that flashes security or a battery icon), If you dont have either you could try just using the GM 32 pin harness adapter and just run a ignition wire for the radio.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

Find out what size speakers fit in your vehicle. Next head out and listen to this particular size of speakers. Good quality sound is different for all of us so purchse what sounds good to you. I like to recommend Eclipse and MB Quart, the latter being my favorite. They are an easy upgrade to add to a factory head unit and will make wuite the difference.

Do not be scared away from replacing the factory cd player as well. It is a very easy job to do but is a job that is usually best left to a qualified professional. My recommendation on a cd player is Eclipse. I would take a step by step approach to this first. Replace the speakers, if you like how it sounds, leave it alone. If you don't then replace the factory head unit. Then add a 4 channel amp. A good game plan will work in your best interest here.

Thank god you did not fall for the BOSE or MONSOON system, those words are a fancy word for an escapee from the trash can. <BOOMING VOICE AT NEW EMPLOYEE - CLOSE THE TRASH CAN, THAT BOSE CRAP IS MAKING A BREAK FOR IT>

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic