icon

2000 Honda Civic 791XV viper car alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woeful 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

I just bought this car alarm, I am trying to save some money and trying to install this my self, but having difficulty understand most of the words, so please help  me with where to connect to what on these:

I will give you the info, please help me if you can

2000 Honda Civic

Primary Harness:

Orange wire: this wire suppllies a -500 ma ground as long as the system is armed.  This output cease as soon as the system is disarmed.

WHITE/ blue remote start - activation input:  this input comes from the factory sest to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive ground pulses on the white blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate.  The same holds true for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the * button twice for the remote start to activate or deactivate.

BLACK/ white -200ma domelight supervison output:  Connect this wire to the optional domelight supervison relay.  This output is only intended to drive a relay.  It cannot be connected directly to the domeligth circuit as the output cannot support the current draw of one or more light bulbs.  ( I don't know where the relay is)

RED / White channel 2, -200ma output:  When the system receives the code controlling channel 2, for longer than 1.5 seconds, the RED / white wire will supply an output as long as the transmission continues.  This is often used to operate a trunk/hatch releace or other relay driven function.  (never use this wire to drive anything but a relay or a low cutrrent input.  The transistorized output can only supply 200ma of current.  Connecting directly to a solenoid, motor, or other high current device will cause it to fail.)

Secondary Harness: (this is the most confusing part, as I don't even know what a relay look like, is this secondary harness neccesary if I don't have a Factory alarm?)

Light GREEN/ Black (-) factory disarm output: this wire sends a negative pulse everytime the remote start is activated.  This can be use to pulse the disarm wire of the vehicle's factory anti-theft device.  Use a relay to send - or + pulse to the disarm wire.  This wire can also be used as a special accessory output.

GREEN/ black: this wire provides a -200ma output when the remote start shuts down.

violet/black: this wire provides a -200ma output whenever the transmitter buttions controlling channel 4 is pressed.

WHITE/ black channel 5 output: this wire provides a -200ma output when ever the transmitter button controling channel 4 is pressed.

Relay key switch interface:

Green: for anti grind or starter kill attach this wire to the key side of the starter wire for anti grind and for the starter kill to be active.  ( where is that at?)

Red (2) these wires are the source of current for all the circuits the relay satelite will energize.  They must be connected to a high current source.  Since the factory supplies +12V to the key switch that is used to operate the motor, it is recommended that these wires be connected there.  (so connect both of these wires to the same constant +12V wire?)

RED / white +12v input:  Connection for high current outputs.  (no idea at all what this mean)

These are the wires That I have trouble with, English is also my second language, so please me out with what ever wires you can knows, thanks.

dalmyd1 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

orange wire - only required if adding additional items i.e. window modules, or seperated starter kill (please note that the starter kill is already built into the newer 791 xv)

Should your vehicle require a bypass module (I believe it does) then hook-up to blue wire on relay pack to blu wire on bypass module. (blue / white does the same I just prefer using the blue on the relay pack)

RED / white only required if adding additional items i.e. window module, trunk pop

Secondary harness not required for basic remote start

Relay pack - locate starter wire ( I believe it's black /white in main ignition harness)  cut wire.  place green wire on key side (the side that gives a constant when turning the key), and purple on starter side

Red - yes you can contact both onto the white wire in the ignition harness

Red / White - don't know of a RED / white in the relay pack, however, there is a pink/white for second ignition, or accessory.

Hope this helps you!

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
my vehicle doesn't need a bypass, so leave this blue/white wire alone? and yes, there is a RED / White on the relay pack, there's also a pink/white, but i do not believe I have a second iginition. on the primary harness, do I connect that red wire and the 2 red wire on the relay pack to the 12v constant(white) wire same spot?
dalmyd1 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

If it does not require a bypass module then yes, leave it alone.

It doesn't matter where you connect the red wires on the white wire, so long as they are connected (it's just easier for me to put both wires on the same spot).

Does the RED / white wire loop back into the relay pack harness?  if it does, then just leave it alone.  Here's a breakdown of wires and where they go to help you out.  Can't remember of the top of my head if your vehicle has another ignition and accessory.  Just test all your heavy gauge wires on your main ignition harness in your car.  Look up your vehicle in the vehicle database just to make sure.  Let me know if you have any problems!!!!!!

Red wire #1 - constant (white wire on your vehicle)

Red wire#2 - constant (white wire on your vehicle

Pink - True ignition (Black / Yellow on your vehicle)

Orange - Accessory (Yellow on your vehicle)

Green - Key side of starter wire (Black / White on your vehicle)

Purple - Starter side of your vehicle

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

you are right, the RED / white loop back, there was so many wires that I got confused.  For the Green and Purple wire, there's a BLACK/ white wire and a WHITE/ black wire on my car, so do I connect the BLACK/ white and the puple to WHITE/ black?

on my primary harness, I still have these wires unconnected:

blue

WHITE/ blue

BLACK/ white: ( domelight supervison output, connect to domelight relay, but i have no idea where it is)

RED / white

violet : ( I think if I connect the green wire, then I don't have to connect this one, right?)

orange: ( provide - when arm output , so can I connect this to a tilt motion sensor ground when arm input?)

What does the secondary harness do?

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Make:   Honda
Model: Civic
Year:    1999-00
Alarm
Constant 12 volts WHITE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts BLACK / YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter BLACK/ WHITE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light L GREEN/ RED (-) 24 PIN BLUE CONN. TOP FUSE BOX *
Trunk Pin Switch BLUE/BLACK (-) 16 PIN BLUE CONN. BELOW FUSE BOX
Parking Lamp RED / GREEN (+) 7 PIN GREEN CONN. AT FUSE BLOCK
Power Lock GREEN / WHITE 18 PIN GRAY CONN. IN DRIVER KICK
Power Unlock GREEN/ ORANGE PANEL AT DOOR LOCK MODULE ** #201
* Has Also Been Found As L GREEN/ BLACK At Door Lock Module In Drivers Kick. ** Location Listed Is With OEM Keyless. Without OEM Keyless Wires Can Be Found In A 14 Pin GRAY Conn In GX Models. In All Other Models It Can Be found In A 20 Pin GRAY Conn. #201 - See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
Remote Start
Tach Signal BLUE 2 PIN WHT CONN UNDER HOOD DR REAR
Ignition #2 YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3 N/A
Accessory WHITE/ BLACK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety NOT GROUNDING TYPE - OEM SWITCH OPENS STARTER CIRCUIT
Brake Light GREEN / WHITE (+) SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Light GREEN/ BLACK (+) 20 PIN GRAY CONN IN DR KICK PANEL *
Rear Window Defrost N/A
* GX Model Have 14 Pin Gray Conn In Driver Kick Panel.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
foxhound 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
For the violet and green wires you need to cut the starter wire and hook the green wire to the key side and the violet to the starter side so that if you were to trace the path the wire would run from the key turn green go into the brain and come out violet change back to BLACK/ white and continue to the starter. I think that's how it works anyway.
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
I still don't get the green wire, because on the key side, i don't see any wires there.  On the key side, what do you by that?  and also the neutral safety wire, what do you mean by OEM switch open circuit? I am looking at all the wires that coming out from the shifter, but I don't see any BLACK/ blue wire neither.
parvo99 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  

woeful wrote:
I still don't get the green wire, because on the key side, i don't see any wires there.  On the key side, what do you by that?  and also the neutral safety wire, what do you mean by OEM switch open circuit? I am looking at all the wires that coming out from the shifter, but I don't see any BLACK/ blue wire neither.

I think what he means is you cut the starter wire in half, and connect the purple to the side that goes to the starter motor, and connect the green to the side that goes towards the key. 

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
parvo99 wrote:

woeful wrote:

I think what he means is you cut the starter wire in half, and connect the purple to the side that goes to the starter motor, and connect the green to the side that goes towards the key. 

Cut it in half? I still don't see how cutting it in half will show one wire on the starter motor and one wire to the key.  I need to know where the green side is?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic