icon

CS-2011RS IV - Remote Start Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cgirtman 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've done my best to research my problem but cannot seem to find anything to help.

I have a crimestopper CS-2011RS and have started the installation in my 1999 Dodge Durango. The Durango has factory keyless entry but no alarm. I wired the alarm with the use of the wiring diagram found here at 12volt (and some help from posts here on the forum).

Here is my problem..everything seems to work fine - door locks, shock sensor, tach finder, valey switch, hood switch...however when I attempt a remote start, I get the three confirmation beeps, then the parking lights flash...I can then hear the doors lock and the fuel pump engage...but that is it. No start, no nothing. The fuel pump does not stay on for as long as it does when you turn the ignition one click up. The only wires I have not wired is the door switch sensor wires and the dome light wire. I also did not cut the starter wire to install a starter kill relay...will do later. I tested the brown wire that goes to the starter and it does not seem to be putting out 12 volts during the remote start.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Dodge
Durango
1998-1999
Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes
Function
   Vehicle Color
   YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #1:
   DK. BLUE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #2:
   BLACK/ ORANGE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (HEATER/AC)
Ignition #3:
   N/A
Accessory:
   BLACK/ WHITE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (RADIO/WIPERS)
Brake Light:
   WHITE/ TAN
AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Tach Signal:
   BLACK/ GRAY
AT IGNITION COIL OR AT PCM *
Parking Lights:
   BLACK / YELLOW
AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Headlights:
   LT. GREEN
AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
OEM Alarm Disarm:
   LT. GREEN/ ORANGE (-)
# PIN CONN. BELOW DR. FUSE BLOCK
OEM Alarm Arm:

Diesel Glow Plug:

Clutch Bypass Wire:

Notes:
   * Ignition Coil Is Located On Passenger Front Of Engine. Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Is Located On Passenger Rear Of Engine Compartment In Front Of Washer Fluid Reservior.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dodge
Durango
1998-1999
Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes
Function
   Vehicle Color
   RED & PINK/BLACK
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter Kill:
   YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS <------ You may want to confirm that again.
Ignition +12 Volts:
   DK. BLUE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Lights/Superv:
   YELLOW (-)
AT COURTESY LIGHT UNDER DASH
OEM Horn:
   BLACK/ RED (-)
STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
Power Lock:
   ORANGE / VIOLET
# PIN CONN. BELOW DR. FUSE BLOCK **
Power Unlock:
   PINK/VIOLET
# PIN CONN. BELOW DR. FUSE BLOCK **
Trunk Release:
   N/A
Alarm Input Wire:
   YELLOW (-)
AT COURTESY LIGHT UNDER DASH
Notes:
** See Note #203 - Reverse Polarity Door Lock Diagram.
You should really install the starter kill to prevent the starter from grinding.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
cgirtman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

I have the brown wire going to the yellow wire in the ignition switch harness, but I don't think the brown wire is producing a 12 volt signal during the remote start...somehow it's not getting to that point. I will install the starter kill relay tomorrow and try again.

Someone mentioned that you need to place a diode between the alarm wire and the wire that disarms the factory system...any truth to that?

Thanks again,

Girt

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a little trick.....if your key to the truck is grey.....you might have a chip in the key.

could be a late version 99, early 2000.....leave the key in the ignition barrel and try to start it by remote starter.

if it starts, you need a bypass module for that truck.

Testing is the key
cgirtman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
TEKEN:
Installed the starter kill relay and made sure I had the right yellow wire for the started. I did. Still no remote start.

SLICKSAM:
Tried remote start with key in, no luck. Key is black, not grey.

This is what happens when I initiate a remote start:
-Press start on the remote
-Truck beeps three times (as it should)
-Parking lights flash once (as they should)
-The instrument panel gauges, fuel pump, etc come on briefly...for like 1 - 1.5 secs. then go off.

Nothing else happens. I have tested the wire going to the starter and it never sends voltagle to start the vehicle.

Any other ideas?
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
You do a have a proper tach wire attached, and it is also programmed / learned into the system right?
cgirtman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the parking lights flash while using the Tach Finder function. I programmed the tach as described in the manual.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
check any of the fail-safes (hood pin, brake wire) and make sure they not showing when they shouldn't. also, check the neutral safety switch wire (if your alarm is equipped-it must see ground to start) 
cgirtman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

The hood pin does not show ground when the hood is down, it does when the hood is up. The brake wire is showing +12 when the pedal is depressed (the manual shows that this should be the case). The alarm does not have a neutral safety switch wire.

Would the factory keyless entry system have anything to do with it (no alarm, just keyless entry)? I have it wired as described in the manual so that a neg. pulse is sent to the factory disarm wire, but I read somewhere about there being possibly two factory disarm wires and needing a diode to make it work.

Just a thought...I'm clueless...

cgirtman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

The hood pin does not show ground when the hood is down, it does when the hood is up. The brake wire is showing +12 when the pedal is depressed (the manual shows that this should be the case). The alarm does not have a neutral safety switch wire.

Would the factory keyless entry system have anything to do with it (no alarm, just keyless entry)? I have it wired as described in the manual so that a neg. pulse is sent to the factory disarm wire, but I read somewhere about there being possibly two factory disarm wires and needing a diode to make it work.

Just a thought...I'm clueless...

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic