the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

soundstream audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the1alchemist 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
I wish i could vouch for all the amps,but i have personal experience with the van goh series,the circuit boards are the same mil-spec boards,i am pretty sure the tarantula aren't the same...like i said other than the van goh,i am not sure..As far as the subs, they had an 8" woofer that tottally kicked butt!..I cant tell you how many i had out there (2 subs,with a d-200),that people constantly guessed they were 12's(never a 10!),or 15's then how much power? ohh...at least 400 watts...one great one.. a guy came in with 6 12's,somehow 2 ppi 4 ch amps(100*4) wired to them(the box was only big enough for MAYBE 2 12's)but anyway,dis connected all subs,used 1/2 of one of the ppi's,and he liked when I ADDED the 8's to his stuff!(of course near the top of the volume it wasn't as loud,but stuff shook that never shook b4..but nobody puts woofs in a big enough box..the 8's were in .9 ft3,tuned to +- 37 hz,and whenever possible put a hiphonics IO 9(sub sonic@35)enough stories,the ss have many thing going for them,efficiency,tripple darlington output..finesse w/alot of force..just a tip(other than class-d),look for a high slew rate(measured in volts/microsecond(how fast the output can go from one voltage to another))look for at least 30 or so..the old ones were 75!!! the class a's were 150!!!(not a REAL c-a,but for power consumption purposes,as close as you can get!(haven't seen a speaker in a while either,the old ones were made by Kef..in england) just look for stuff made in other than the orient..like europe,or of course the USA!!! in gereral,if you see two amps,both 400 bucks,one says 500/ch,the other 50/ch,i will always put money on the 50/ch amp..numbers are overrated..you will be more satisfied w/ the 50/ch..
'Stereo' Mike
The Audio CARtist,LLC
9600 Balt. Ave.
College Park,MD 20740
301-474-6260
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic