icon

need help with starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bear80 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2003 silverado i just installed a performance teknique remote start/alarm i install it the way the installation guide said  and i added a alarm bypass module 20402 by designtech  my truck will start but it will run for only 2-3 sec. then die. but the truck run with the key in so the bypass must be wright.
bear80 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
bear80 wrote:
i have a 2003 silverado i just installed a performance teknique remote start/alarm i install it the way the installation guide said  and i added a alarm bypass module 20402 by designtech  my truck will start but it will run for only 2-3 sec. then die. but the truck run with the key in so the bypass must be wright.
yes i have hooked up my tac.. and all the wires up wright. buy the installation wiring guide
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
wrong the bypass must not be right, i have never worked with that bypass recheck all your wiring with your instructions and info for the truck, the bypass can be tricky because there usuall three yellow wires in that position,
bear80 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
i had to cut the vehicle passlock wire the yellow one and splice it in to the bypass can it be off a little to run with the key and not win remote start
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
1. Could be the bypass module is not programmed correctly, or not wired right. Confirm both possibilities.
2. Not all of the ignition wires are being powered up. Verify thatALL required harnesses are correct witht the use of the supplied install guide, and are properly attached to their respective connection points to the RS.
3. Verify your tach source, and signal. Again the reference material will show you which one.
4. Confirm the failure / trouble codes from the Design Tech module. It will blink XXX amount of times to tell you what is wrong.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Chevrolet Silverado 2003

Remote start / Security / GPS
Wire/Function Colour Location/Description Polarity
PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES PASSLOCK 2 SEE NOTES
12 VOLTS Red Ignition switch harness +
IGNITION Pink Ignition switch harness +
IGNITION 2 White* Ignition switch harness +
ACCESSORY Orange Ignition switch harness +
STARTER Yellow* Ignition switch harness +
TACH SEE NOTES**   
FUEL INJECTOR Opposite of Pink wire At any injector on engine AC
LOCK SEE NOTES***   
DOORPIN Gray/black At courtesy light under dash +
FACTORY ARM SEE NOTES***   
FACTORY DISARM Lt.green At driver's door module**** -
BRAKESWITCH White At switch above brake pedal +
PARKLIGHTS Gray/black At light switch harness -
HAND BRAKE Lt.blue At switch on handbrake lever -
HORN Black At steering column -
KEY SENSE Lt.green At steering column -
DATABUS INTERFACE Pin-2(top row from left) Diagnostic plug below dash DATA
Vehicle notes
PLEASE NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with GM's PASSLOCK 2 passive anti-theft system. Please refer to the appropriate diagram before any remote start installation.
* These wire are smaller the other wires from the ignition switch. Test carefully.
** There is a coil for each cylinder, each with a 4-pin plug. Each plug contains a BLACK, BROWN & PINK, as well as a 4th wire which changes color on each coil. This 4th wire can be used as your tach reference, set your remote starter for a 1 cylinder signal.
*** The doorlocks are Class 2 Data on this vehicle and cannot be interfaced directly. Interface modules for both doorlocks and security are available for this vehicle. Contact your supplier for more information.
**** Part of switch assembly inside driver's door.
Note: The information on this sheet is provided to you on an as is basis with no representation or warranty of accuracy whatsoever. It is the sole responsibility of the installer to check and verify any circuit before connecting to it. Only a computer safe logic probe or digital multimeter should be used. Wiremagic.com Corporation and/or any associated or unassociated individual or corporation who furnishes this document and/or software assumes absolutely no liability or responsibility whatsoever pertaining to the accuracy or currency of the information supplied. The installation in each and every case is the sole responsibility of the installer performing the work and Wiremagic.com Corporation and/or any associated or unassociated individual or corporation assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever resulting from any type of installation, whether performed properly, improperly, or in any other way. The information supplied is a guide only.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
©2002 Autoland All rights reserved       
Printed at: 10/9/2004 3:30:35 PM
denlat 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

use  a gm data all you have only 1 wire to connect to the data plug

that module bypass does everything alarm bypass ,passlock ,doorlock and only 1 wire to plug

bear80 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
how can i get a gm data

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic