icon

Three Pulses converted to one pulse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
This is true also it may need a Resistor and Capacitor to send the pulse Properly Three Pulses converted to one pulse - Page 3 -- posted image.
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
neener 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

John,

Need your help again. I wired up my relays, but when I pulse the Lock wire I get a buzz from relay #2. I wired them up using 2 DPDT relays and one SPDT. If I trigger the Unlock wire I will get relays 1,2,3 and 4 to latch, and they will unlatch when I trigger the Lock wire but I get the buzzing again.

The is the first time I have worked with DPDT relays so just to make sure that I am wiring them up correctly this is what I have done. First of all I am using RadioShack model 275-218 if this helps any. Second It seems that on this relay the order of contacts from top to bottom are 87a - 87 - 30 - 86 ( assuming we are talking about relay #1 in your diagram). So I made the changes to my diagram so that the wires are in the correct place.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

neener 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

My door lock triggers (Lock and Unlock) are positive triggers as opposed to previosly stating they were negative.

How would I make this change?

hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
EASY Just switch the Positive with the Negitive
Stockton California
neener 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

Any idea why the first relay(lock) won't latch when being triggered. The unlock will triggered and when I trigger the lock again it will unlatch the unlock.

hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Recheck the wires make sure all of the jumpers are in place
Stockton California
hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hook the Relays up one at a time testing as you go. I will Make it easy. You will need a Battery and a 12v light bulb.
Stockton California
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
I really like this idea.
I was thinking of ripping out my my current aftermarket alarm (one a prevous owner had installed) and adding one with a remote start. But i like this idea a lot better!!!
What kind of remote start would you guys recomend? or can i just make one with relays since i have an automatic.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a Step by Step TEST that will test each section by it's self.

This will confirm that each Section is working Properly.

Three Pulses converted to one pulse - Page 3 -- posted image.

Stockton California
go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately the above diagram won't work correctly.
1. The pulse output will be too quick. The output should stay on as long as the doorlock pulse.
2. The first relay will latch again staying energized. We need to keep the circuit off after you complete the sequence.
3. Plus the circuit would give you a pulse if you started with unlock and then lock. Only two pulses are need to get a pulse output. You wanted 3 pulses.
The diagram below will work based off your lock, unlock then lock sequence. It is based off my Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse diagram that the12volt decided to use without my permission. The original diagram is here.
The diagram below must be done by lock, unlock then lock sequence to work. If you try to do unlock then lock, no pulse. But since lock has now been triggered, then doing unlock then lock will give you a pulse output.
I forgot to draw the timer in, but what you need is a timer that takes a positive pulse that is triggered off of relay 3, terminal 87a and gives you a negative pulse output for lets say 10 seconds. Use the negative output to supply a ground to relay 2, terminal #86. If you need me to draw it in the diagram, let me know.
So hopefully when the12volt uses this diagram, they will give me credit instead of redrawing it and posting it like they designed it.
Questions for installers who know how to work with our TR-7: I'm designing a more advanced TR-7 (TR-8?, I have not decided what part #)with more trigger inputs. It may have 2 to 4 separate trigger inputs and maybe 4 to 6 outputs. It is going to be designed more for installer side than consumer because a programmer is going to be needed, which will use a laptop/desktop as the GUI. So what i like to know is what would you like to see in the TR-8? Is there something that is needed that the TR-7 did not cover?
Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic