icon

how do you add 30 second timer?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spear 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
How do you add a 30 second timer to an unlock pulse in order to turn on my dome lights until I can get in the car?  I have remote keyless entry only.   It doesn't appear to have a lead for that purpose, just a relay for lock, one for unlock and one for flash.  Is a diode necessary ?  Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!  Or what about a latch on (with unlock pulse) and then off when door is opened, thus keeping the light on until door closes?  Is that getting too complicated?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Look on the LEFT side of this Web Page under Illuminated Entry:
Try:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page4.asp
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
the keyless entry that you have is it factory or an aftermarket unit? a factory keyless wouldbe harder but not impossible and after marketunit all you will need is a timer unit which you should beable to get at an audio storein your area.
spear 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for your response, it is an aftermarket unit (Sobo brand) with two remotes.  I will check into a timer but maybe try to build something using relays to accomplish same thing. btw, is it possible to program a third remote for a system that allows two?
bones12v 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

I would reccomend a pulse timer (Directed #528T) here, it will provide you a variable timed pulse (0 to 90 seconds) with just a single (+) or (-) trigger.  A pulse timer costs about $15.00 and may save you some time creating something with relays, capacitors and resistors.  Time is money unless you have some time to spare :)

As for programming a third remote you will need to check the install manual some units allow more than two remotes to be programmed, the Autopage remote start and alarm units I have used allow up to 4 remotes to be programmed.

spear 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for your reply, I will look into the timer, it would save a lot of work.  The install manual I have says it will only do two remotes, I thought there might be a trick to do an additional one.
jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

Does your car have self timed dome lamps like a lot of the newer vehicles?  IE you open a door close it and they stay on for a while and go out?

If they do and your car has a negative door trigger wire you can run a diode off the negative unlock ouput from then tap into the door trigger wire.

Jason

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
Does your ALARM have Timed Parking Lites Output?  Do the Parking Lites stay on for a time when U UNLock vehicle? 
MO
spear 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
no, the courtesy lights go out when the door closes...my unit is just a remote central door locking unit, no alarm or additional inputs/outputs to work with.
mo12v 
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like U will have to use a Timer.  It would trigger off a Negative or Positive Output, like Your UNLock wire at your RKE or UNLock wire from the door.  Not to much trouble to install
MO

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic