icon

94 Cadillac Seville STS Bose Gold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
D'Ecosse 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

(Sorry for anyone else as this is off-topic)

I bought the caddy new in '94 - it now has 156K miles on it.

Through 100K, the only things I had to replace were "consumables" - tires, batteries, (It seems to eat batteries, always has!)  brake pads, plugs, oil changes, belts etc; - only non-consumable was a couple of brackets for the rear sway bar - they broke within about 5K miles of each other but only ~ $5 apiece.

Since then over last 4 years or so I've replaced: Transmission shift solenoids ($30 parts, $300 labour); Alternator; A/C compressor; steering pump; water pump; fuel pump; Plug Wires -twice! (got good ones the last time - Magnecors - the OEM's & replacement were lighting up like Xmas tree!) Front struts (with passives). Everything except the shift solenoids I've done myself. I  got real lucky with the fuel pump - it was on "E" pretty much so wasn't too bad to drop the tank!

Motor is still going real strong - it's been on Mobil 1 since day 1.

Not too bad in all I guess - pretty good averagein costs for 156K miles over 10 years!

mrb71 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
D'Ecosse  thats cool because just about everyone else that I have talk to had to replace the motor for reason of blow head gaskets..  I also come to find out that these NorthStar engines are notorious for leaking oil from the oil pan which by the way you have to remove the engine to fix...  Well getting back to the orginal post I think you should upgrade your HU in the caddy so that we can do this together each step of the way...  :)
D'Ecosse 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hahah- no, I'll keep the Caddy as-is for now; all my "fun" audio projects went into the NSX.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40146

But I've done virtualy the same thing on both the NSX & the ZXTT - it'll work, don't worry!

The ZXTT had the PAC Audio originally, because its new head had no pre-outs. But I ditched the BOSE amp/speakers when the amps blew and wored regular 4 ohm speakers & just used the head amp O/P's, so didn't need teh PAC Audio any more.

I have a full external amp set-up now in the NSX, but it has gone through several iterations along the way, including using stock head into after-market amp & speakers; I  also made the adapter in the pic above for someone who used a Sony head with stock Bose amps/speakers - it worked fine, so you should experience the same.

mrb71 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
D'Ecosse that is an awesome install bro!!!   Nice ride by the way  too!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic