icon

00 Sierra Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bcw757 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I got a keyless entry/remote starter for my truck, and went about hooking it up last night.  (Thanks for all the help the guys gave to me on the other post)  My remote starter works perfect on the truck, however when hooking up the keyless entry portion, I found that it was giving a negative read when I need a positive. 

Ok, now I know I'm going to have to use a relay for this, but someone needs to break it down in lamens terms what I need to do for this particular truck.  Any help is always appreciated

Thanks

B

TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
OK here we go, I hope you have 2 relays if so here is the wiring. take the negetive pulse from the remote starter and wire that into 86 of the relay, 87 and 85 need to be wired into a fused 12V and then run the 30 to the 12V needed to operate your 12V door locks.
electra 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

Hey bcw757,  sorry to butt in but I'm doing a remote starter install on the same truck, it not mine, but I have a dumb question for you, with regards to the factory security system interface how sis you wire yours?  I guess I don't understand how the security system operates on this truck.

TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
should be a green wire in DKP coming from driver door and it is a neg disarm
electra 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

TooDark wrote:
should be a green wire in DKP coming from driver door and it is a neg disarm

Thanks,  now the part I'm unclear on is the re-arming for this truck, specificlly, does it automaticlly rearm with a doorlock signal?  My remote starter will disarm before remote starting but I want it to rearm after.

bcw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a PL DATA GM Passlock II bypass.  Comes with 4 wires (Red, Violet, Brown, Black)

Red = 12v

Black = Ground
Brown = Ground when running (hooks up to your remote starter)
Violet = Taps into the Violet Wire On the diagnostics plug, located underneath the dash, above the brake

Takes 2 minutes to hook up and program, great little tool.

bcw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a PL DATA GM Passlock II bypass.  Comes with 4 wires (Red, Violet, Brown, Black)

Red = 12v

Black = Ground
Brown = Ground when running (hooks up to your remote starter)
Violet = Taps into the Violet Wire On the diagnostics plug, located underneath the dash, above the brake

Takes 2 minutes to hook up and program, great little tool.

bcw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, got my relays, and wired everything up, and I'm getting nothing. I can hear the relay click, and voltages check out, but when I hook it up to the light blue wire in the bcm (lock) the it doesn't lock. hmmmm??? Any suggestions? I've searched through a few other posts, and everyone says this is a simple 5 minute hookup, well it's been an hour now with a volt meter, and patience is running thin....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic