icon

2000 oldmobile alero security problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
derrick600 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I can get the car to start up so I know I have everything for the most part hooked up right. But if the car doesn't start up on the first time, like it does often here in frigid Wisconsin, it goes into security mode and won't allow me to use the car for 10 minutes or so.
I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to just permenantly turn the factory security off or which wire is the correct security wire for this car?
I've heard tan in kick panel but that is the one that I have now and is the one I am having the problems with.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Your problem seems to be with the Passlock II interface. If the voltage your module puts out doesn't exactly match the factory value with the key, the Passlock II system goes into tamper mode and won't allow the car to start for 10 to 15 minutes. Recheck the module's connections and settings. Also make sure all your power and ground connections are good for the starter and the vehicle's battery. There isn't any feasible method to disable the system properly. The wires for the Passlock system are a thin black and yellow wire taped up in a three wire harness off the ignition switch.
sparky
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

I will have to agree with sparkie. It sounds like a Passlock problem. What kind of remote start and bypass did you use?

Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

I have heard that if you pull the fuse for the passlock system that it will allow the car to start however you'll have to live with the "security" light on the instrument cluster on while the car is on.......

I have not seen this first hand and do not know if its true...just something I heard...

derrick600 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
See here is where I am confused. Like I said previously, If the car starts on the first try by the remote start everything is fine. BUT if it doesn't, that is when I have problems with the car going into the protection mode.
I have the universal bypass module from Bulldog Security. I have used it in the past without any problems until I came across this oldsmobile.
Thanks for all the feedback. Every little bit is appreciated.
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  

Ok try this. Start the car with the key, then disconnect the yellow passlock wire and leave it seperated.(the security light should come on). Shut the car off and remote start it. If it starts fine(the light will still be on) then your problem is with the bypass module. Double check the resistance value and try to match it as close as possible.

Craig.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic