icon

2004 Impala Factory Alarm Disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mnviking28 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed quite a few remote car starters, but I have never really had a whole lot of issues to deal with on factory alarms.  I am installing an Astro Start on a '04 Impala.  I want to make sure that there are no factory alarm issues.  I have completed the install, including the passlock bypass.  All I have left to hook up is the wire to disarm the factory alarm.  According to what I have found on it, it should be pin B3 in the 16 pin grey BCM connector.  The color should be light green.  However, my question is, what type of reading should I get on my DMM to make sure this one is the right one?  If I test it, it has about .8 volts at rest and jumps to about 1.0 volts when lock or unlock is pushed.  Also, is this a system that a negative pulse before start  will disarm the alarm, or is there more involved?  I understand that the alarm arms with the door open, so I would assume that it is a ground that arms it as well.  Does anyone have this information?
MNViking28
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
go into the fuse box (in driver door jam) and take the panel off, in there is a black cover over a group of wires. in there you can get your lt green factory alarm disarm as well as brake wire, locks, and door triggers
mnviking28 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

And is this just a pulse before start to disarm the alarm?  What type of voltage reading should I get?

MNViking28
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
it is actuallty a negative pulse when the key is turned in the door or unlocked withthe factory remote. it is not nec. to shut down the factory alarm before remote start
mnviking28 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I understand that it is a negative pulse to simulate the key being used.  I guess my main question is (just so I can double check if I have the right wire) is this wire normally at rest, then shows a pulse when you hit unlock on the factory keyless?  The reason that I am trying to make sure is that I had a GM a couple of years ago that if you used the factory keyless to lock the car, the panic alarm would go off when you used the remote start.  It didn't do it every time, but about 1 out of 5 times.  If you used the remote that came with the starter, it did not set it off.  I don't want to have a similar situation. 
MNViking28

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic