icon

2005 audi a4 - adding sub need info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elite 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I am soon to get an Audi A4 2005 - its got the bose system and im just gonna install the sub im taking outta my RX8. I keep getting conflicting stories on if there are 9 or 10 speakers, either way I need to know what to tap, and wire color if at all possible. I dont know if this system is in fact the same as 04s, any help would be appreciated!
Thanks all
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Usually you would use a line output converter also called a hi-lo adapter and tap into the speaker outputs at the speaker.  The easiest place to get them is at the factory sub (if you have one) in the back deck lid.  You then can use one of two ways to get remote turn on.  You can tap ignition power or even remote turn on to the bose amp.  Or you can use a module that senses when the speakers are playing and the powers up the 12 remote turn on wire.  I have no idea what these modules are called, but i know that they are out there.  The run power wire as usual.  Just my thoughts
elite 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I shoulda been more clear in my post, I know HOW to do the install, I needed the wiring diagram thats all :) I got it installed finally I use the rear channels, im not a fan of using the mono channel even though the sub ends up being mono, I prefer to tap both rear left/right channels....thats just me. It was hard to drive the car for the first 2 days without my sub installed thats all hehe!
Also use the Bose amp turn on for my amp turn as well....seemed to work out well for it - just had to searchhhhh like a mofo to get the witing i kept finding online to match the harness on my factory amp cause there wasnt alot on the 2005 audis......
All good now, got it in...no worries thanks for the reply.
elite 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I shoulda been more clear in my post, I know HOW to do the install, I needed the wiring diagram thats all :) I got it installed finally I use the rear channels, im not a fan of using the mono channel even though the sub ends up being mono, I prefer to tap both rear left/right channels....thats just me. It was hard to drive the car for the first 2 days without my sub installed thats all hehe!
Also use the Bose amp turn on for my amp turn as well....seemed to work out well for it - just had to searchhhhh like a mofo to get the witing i kept finding online to match the harness on my factory amp cause there wasnt alot on the 2005 audis......
elite 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
not sure why it posted 2 times, can i delete this myself, or in this forum does an admin have to do it cause i dont see an edit button....
elite wrote:

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic