icon

4-12 kicker comp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruelneo 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
i have 4 comps down fire in a box that has 1.45 cu. ft. per sub. also on 2 punch old school 200 ix. 1 amp for two subs wired to 4 ohm. want to get more spl out of it and keep the box and amp. (i have room to cut a square hole if need be) is there any ideas on how to get more bass out of my car kicker comp vr or solo l7 or a kind of jl sub my car is geared to both spl and sq so i need a sub that can do both thanks for any help.
newtone 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

your sub set up sounds sweet, the kicker comp vrs are pretty loud subs, imo you wouldnt gain much by swapping to a different type.  try maybe a big bad amp instead.  look for 4 or 1 ohm stereo or 2 ohm mono.

if you think thats an avenue you may want to pursue, let me know, i have just the amp you need, cheap4-12 kicker comp -- posted image.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
You have enough displacement. Your solution is simple. You now need more power. Sell your amps. Buy new ones.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
cruelneo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
i was always told punch 200 was one of the best amps out there it is very under rated u saying it dosent have enough power
newtone 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
how much power do they make at your impedance?
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

i would go down to your local kicker dealer, and ask to talk to the installer. not the sales guy. have him listen to it, and if hes any good, he'll probalby be able to rattle off a few quick and easy solutions. if you talk to the sales guy he'll be seeing dollars, but the installer will probably have a different pov. his experience and knowlage of product should come in handy.

kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
I mean, no one has pointed out the big flaw to your idea.  You can't just go "cutting holes" in sealed subwoofer boxes to make them sound good ported.  Your options are simply for more SPL:  Redesign the box or increase the power.  If you can't increase the power any more or don't want to - redesign the box.  Redesign means rebuild - not ghetto rig your current box.
cruelneo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
no i wasnt going to cut ports i was going to replace the circle 12in whole with 15in square holes
kfr01 
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
Oh... I see - to put in new 15" drivers. This would be smart. You could greatly increase your efficiency and thus your SPL.
kfr01 
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I'd still make a whole new box. I'm not a fan of square drivers if you're at all interested in SQ.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic