the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Civic DX - Conver Manual To Power Locks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
infinitereality 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a remote start alarm & power door lock kit for my g/f's 2002 Civic DX so she could have keyless entry to her car.  Upon taking the door panel off I realized she has cable locks and not rod locks.  I've search EVERYWHERE to find something so I can use this kit on her cable locks, but to no advail.   The only thing I came up with was a cable lock kit for $75, but they won't sell just the hardware from their kit.

Is there anyway I can use the kit I have for her cable locks or is there any other alternative?

Thanks for any help!!

- Del

2000 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk #102
LS1 Motorsports Lid, Kenny Brown STB & SFC, BMR Springs & Avital 4400 Remote Start Alarm
1/4 Mile Time: 13.3 @ 105mph
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
we had on tthe was very similar.  if you are willing you can hook up a standard actuator to the plastic door lock.  The part that sticks out of the door.  It's a little tricky and the piece may eventually break, but it does work.  Not necessarily the best option, but it may work for you.  I'd check with honda and find out how much it would cost to replace that piece should it break, before attempting.
infinitereality 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

I found some instructions on the net to convert manual to power cable locks.  They cut the sheath off the cable and used a few things to attach it to the panel.  Well, didn't work out good and I screw up the cable.   Got a new one for $5 at the dealership (friend's g/f works there).  So your way might just work.  Not really sure how to mount the actuator without it interfering with the door panel though.  Here's a pic of it:

[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/InfiniteReality/Miscellaneous/57687016581_3300.jpg[/IMG]

Do you have pics on how you did it?  Thanks!!

2000 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk #102
LS1 Motorsports Lid, Kenny Brown STB & SFC, BMR Springs & Avital 4400 Remote Start Alarm
1/4 Mile Time: 13.3 @ 105mph

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic