First system need suggestion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trueaudiogod 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  

hey guy

if you looking to put a cap in use a batcap......we use them in our comp cars and they work and dont cost that much......

owner
true audio concepts and speed
team captain
true audio addiction sound team
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yup as True said...use a batcap, or get a smaller 12V battery.  The shop I used to work at, installed them alot.  cheaper than a Cap.  and the power is more instant.  BTW:  The amp will work nicely.  Jsut make sure you break the subs in before cranking the gain up..
Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
xxMxx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
What is a batcap? as you mention above getting "a smaller 12v battery" How do they work? thanks in advance
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

a batcap is basically a battery like I said, think I worded it wrong.  sorry..

It's hooked up like a cap, except you don't have to charge it up, since it's a battery it is charged. 

Reason I said smaller 12V battery is cause that's what it is...instead of a battery the size of the one under your hood, it's about teh size of a riding lawn mower battery. 

It works in the same manner as a Cap, except, the power seems to be delivered mroe quickly, than it does with a cap.  And the meet power demands more efficiently.  What I've started to do is this..batteries on Sub Amps, and Caps on the mids and highs.  Reason being, the lower the frequency goes the greater teh demand for power.

hope that helps

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
xxMxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks jester, you said use batcap for the subs and cap for mids and highs, How do you usually wire 2 different caps for different amps? Thanks in advance again....
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

it's easy...

I assume you're using a distribution block, or running seperate bat. lines..whatever flaots your boat..

for the battery, just but it inline with the amps power....

so...the battery line going to the Sub amp..will be hooked up to the positive...

Ok let me try this again...I jsut confused myself...

ok..for the sub amp with Battery:

Take the 12V line from the battery, and hook it to the positive terminal of the battery that you're using as a "cap" ( the smaller one )..hook the amp also up to the positive terminal...ground the battery where you are grounding the amps.  I hope that made sense..if it didn't repost, and I'll see if I have a diagram I can e-mail you, or I'll draw on and scan it in..First system need suggestion - Page 2 -- posted image....yup I'm that lazy..

As far as the Caps...do the same thing...jsut follow the directions on chargin the cap..

if you're still confused e-mail  me         deathsdementedjester420@hotmail.com  and I'll send you a diagram...and hope I didn't confuse you too much...

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
xxMxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
that made sense for me jester, you don't have to draw it : ) I really appreciate the effort... thanks again..
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

No problem man...no problemo...First system need suggestion - Page 2 -- posted image.

now...where's my beer!!First system need suggestion - Page 2 -- posted image.First system need suggestion - Page 2 -- posted image.

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic