Subwoofers: the best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JellyNutz 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

Mmmmm....  W7....  Ohhhhhhhhhhh.... *Drools*

All of us JL Audio retailers get them for 30% of retail, ya know?!

Lucky us!

01redgsr 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
i push 500 watts to a new jl 12w6v2 and it sounds amazing, power it right and its one of the best sq woofers i have heard in a long time.  I got my jl 30% off too!! Super Sweet!Subwoofers: the best? - Page 2 -- posted image. 
2001 Milano Red Acura Integra GS-R
1 12" JL Audio 12w6v2
1 JL Audio 500/1 Amp
1 Farad Cap by Lightning Audio
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

i guess I am just the cool one here....I wont quote what I pay personally,    but I can sell the 10w6v2's for $250 all day add $10 to that for the 12 inch....hehe

2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

you get the 12w7 for only 260

and thats brand new???

novaman1024 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

i have an Audiobahn 12 from the Alum series, it is just plain awesome. it out hit my 2 10 crossfires that i had in my car before. they retail for around 300 a piece, but if u look on ebay u can get a great deal for around 150.

Audiobahn all the way!

mwhcai1 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

Subwoofers: the best? - Page 2 -- posted image.Check out the JL Audio web site (jlaudio.com).  They make complete subwoofer systems (subwoofer and enclsure made by JL Audio with sub installation and connections done by JL Audio).  All you have to do is put the sub in your car and plug in the speaker wires.  I chose this option because I did not want to buy a good subwoofer and mess up the sound quality by putting the sub in an enclosure that wasn't built to the specifications of my sub.  Most competition sound systems use JL Audio subwoofers. 

A w7 is probably too much if you are just looking for SQ.  Check out the w3's and possibly the W6v2's.  The w0's aren't bad if you are on a budget.

A post above mentioned the 13w7.  The only problem is that JL Audio doesn't make a subwoofer enclosure for this sub.  A local JL Audio dealer doesn't even carry this subwoofer in stock because the cost of making an enclosure for this sub wood be at least $450.  JL Audio makes several different enclosures for their various subs and the additional price for the enclosure is less than it would cost to buy a similar enclosure that doesn't meet their exact specs.  A local shop in my area lets buyers put the subs (with the enclosure) in their car to audition them.  Can't hurt to try them out.

mwhcai1 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Subwoofers: the best? - Page 2 -- posted image.You guys are bragging about gettting JL products for 30% of the retail price.  Are you going to share this discount with the other forum users or just wasting our time by rubbing it in?
JellyNutz 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

You may pay a retailer to build a box for $450 but that doesnt mean you can't build one yourself.  I could build one completely uphostered for under $50, but then again it is my profession...  If you do think about it though, make sure you have a good box design.  1" MDF walls with a 2" baffle and lots of internal bracing in the box will make sure it doesn't explode when you give it the juice. Subwoofers: the best? - Page 2 -- posted image. 

A prefab JL box is a cost effective alternative and considering that they spend months to years on their designs (Scott from JL told me that at the last JL Audio training seminar I went to) you are assured that you will be getting a good balance of SPL and SQ in a moderately priced package.  Don't let this discourage you if you want to build your own enclosure though.  Once again, you can get the same or better performance (depending on your tastes) if  you have a properly designed box.  Hell, you can even e-mail me your plans and I'll go over them with you when i have the time...

As far as SQ goes, its a natural for the w7 (if its in the budget), and for all of those who hate us for getting 70% off JL products, dont be mad!  We sell and install their stuff all day long so we earn the right!

-Jesse

jellynutzo@aol.com

Earmark Car Audio - The Leader Loud and Clear

www.earmarkcaraudio.com   

carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

i want new subs what you think is the best out of these

(not sure on if i want 1 or 2 subs let me know what you think)

JL  w7 series

kicker L7or L5 series

Alpine subs(not sure which series is the best)

and if you were to pick them what amp you recomend

im not tryin to spend that much so keep it reasonable

thanks

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
i metioned above that I sell the JL w6v2 10's for 250$     thats W6V2.....not the w7     but I do sell the w7 for less then anyone else.....if you need me to quote you a price with shipping withen the us let me know...I do share the wealth....when a coustomer can buy a top of the line product for a mid of the line price,,,,everyone is happy....i am happy beacuse they come back, and they send all their friends....
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic