icon

attn: ford explorer owners!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
If you bring somehting in for service, they are going to look and see you have somehting installed and pretty much tell you tough sh*t anyway.  There's a dealer in Baton Rouge that will not preform ANY warrenty work unless the vehical is to factory spec. (Gerry Lane GMC for those interested) When they see alarm remote on keychain, it's automatic... Alarms fault or installers fault.. I can't count the times I have gone to the service department and showed them how much current an alarm draws from the battery..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

yeah.....there are dealerships like that......

My favorite, was when I brought my truck in for some work to be done...they saw it wasnt' maintence work, and blamed the stereo and alarm for the problem with the electrical system...( yeah, I messed it up..uh huh..sure guys )...I just looked at them......yeah, the truck was in for electrical work, but it had nothing to do with the ignition or charging system...they basically saw electrical work on the order, popped the hood  saw the Remote start equipped sticker under the hood, the protected by Sidewinder Sticker, and the battery lines.....

They never bothered to see what the electrical work was........

Replace Speed Sensor per warrranty.....ROTFLMAO

They then even had the nerves to tell me the Alarm and Remote Start caused the Speed Sensor to go out, so it couldn't be covered under warranty.....I just shook my head...and asked if they could please explain how in the hell that could of happened, and to show me the schematics so I had visual proof of the Alarms error....

I won....and started going to a different dealership for warranty work....haven't had a problem since then...oh yeah..and that other one...went outta business

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
and for clarification...it was the Speed sensor in my diff on my 99 F-150...........I was off-roading it a bit a couple of years ago..and guess I did something to it...so my speedo didn't work, everything else did, jsut not my speedo....the mechanic took it out, and tested it..and it shorted out somehow inside...
Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have a real good Ford dealer down here.. It's where I take my truck, Hollingsworth/Richards Ford.. will buy my next truck from them..  If I have a question about a vehicle or need anything, they are always helpful.. kind of like a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'  We take care of them and I've sent people down there for diagnostics checks and they have done it at no charge.. Really helped out one of my installers with a remote starter problem.. the check engine light was coming on and the diag. came back as something wasn't right with the starter.. sure enough, I looked at it when the customer came back and my installer didn't power up and ign it needed and was tripping the computer up and check engine light came on. fixed that up and no problems since..

George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic