icon

Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

i'm installing a viper 791xv on a 2003 Mazda 6 V6 mtx. I need to bypass my clutch for remote start. How do I do this? I have been told I need a relay, but I've never used one before. How do you wire a relay once you get it and what relay do I need?

Thanks!

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
yes youve been told correctly to use a relay.
now ill tell you to get another alarm thats appropriate for MT car. if you dont want to get flame at from all of other members, plz use the search button and find it urself.
btw, relay is prolly the first thing you shouldve learn b4 jumping into alarm install. if not, i suggesting takin it to a professional.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
professional costs $350, plus they won't do it on a mtx. I'm not far from done as it is, just basically have to finish up a few more wires for the remote start including the clutch bypass and it'll be complete. I'm new to the forum, so I'll search.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
sooooo, i searched and it gave me nothing that i could understand. Could anyone please tell me how to do this?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  

I hope you don't run my kid over, when you start your car IN GEAR..........

The clutch wire is WHITE/ blue NEG(-) start pulse.....at the switch

Good luck

vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
my alarm WAS arming and disarming fine, but now when i arm it the door icon shows up on the remote and i get the extra chirp (i'm only pressing the arm button once)...............i tested the sensor and the hoodpin switch to make sure they set the alarm off and they do but now when i disarm i get the multiple chirps and the remote show sensor and hood although i've armed and disarmed multiple times, still the same thing
the door locks are not working although i've tried the only two light green wires on that side...........should i test the one on the actual button on the door to see if that will work? how do you adjust the sensor? is it the orange screw inside it........which way turns up the sensitivity? should the LED be blinking even when the alarm is not armed?WAS
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have it in valet mode?
Tacomacrew
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
it wasn't in valet mode, but when i put it in and then took it out, it stopped the all of the nonsense with the alarm. Now the only thing that isn't working is the door locks. I have one negative that locks and unlocks (one through a 1.4k resistor). I know I am on the correct wire as I have tested to make sure, but the alarm still doesn't make it lock/unlock. HELP!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
i have everything done except for this. I need to get my door locks to work. the wiring diagram says:
Power Lock lt. green - DKP or door lock module
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru a 1.4K ohm resistor. Unlock is a straight negative trigger.
I do this and I'm am 100% positive i'm on the right wire because i actually have a wire going from the switch in the door to the harness wires on the alarm and nothing happens. i tested the wire i tapped into by hooking a wire to the suspected wire and then grounding the other end and the doors unlocked. WTF is wrong? It's not the brain because I have an extra one and hooked it up and programmed it and it wouldn't work either.
THANKS!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
i searched, but everything is like a different language to me. i need it in non-technical lingo. i have no experience with relays and have no clue what all of the numbers that are posted are. please put it in perspective for me!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic