icon

Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
is there something i can make or buy that would make this alarm mtx compatible? i would consider it. btw, i'm the only one who EVER drives my car and there is not female involved to screw stuff up (no offense).
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
i think i've thought of something in my head to "make" the alarm so it will not remote start in gear. First though, is the hoodpin switch just completing a ground? If so, I could mount a metal ring so that it would surrond the metal shift stick. Connect a wire to that ring and splice it into the wire from the alarm that goes to the hoodpin. That way, if the stick is making contact with the ring, it would be grounded. Crap, that wouldn't work either cause it would be a ground which would make the alarm think that the hood was closed and would allow it to start. Any ideas to modify this idea that would work?
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
awesome........i may try that out sometime
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone help me with the relays? I need to know what wires need to go to what post.
THANKS!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

Try:

http://www.wiringinstructions.com/217.htm

I also use:

Power LockLIGHT GREENIN WHITE PLUG ON RIGHT OF BLACK MOD
Power UnlockSINGLE WIREABOVE PASSENGER KICK PANEL
* Light Green Wire Must See Chassis Ground Thru A 1k Ohm Resistor For LOCK and Chassjis Ground For UNLOCK

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
thanks! I got some info from a guy i know that helped clear it up for me, but I have the wrong relay (5V instead of 12V), so I gotta exchange the relays tomorrow. I finally understand them!!!!!!!! I'm like a little kid at christmas now because I should be able to finish my alarm FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
do i need a 12v relay for the locks or will a 5v work? it's kinda difficult to find a 12v.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
also, where can i get these relays that won't cost me $10 a piece?
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
so do i need spst or spdt or dpdt? Local "car" places want $10 a piece, so I'm going to a place in town that sells them for 3.50. THANKS!!!!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'm just about done with the install on my alarm, but now where do I mount/put the shock sensor? I was told that I could zip tie it to a large wire bundle, but I did that and turned the sensitivity all the way sesitive (and yes i'm sure it was the right way) and I can still be the crap out of my car and it won't even chirp (yes, the system is armed and it's hooked up right cause i can pluck it and it goes off). Suggestions please. THANKS!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic