icon

Clifford Proximity Sensor False Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I've got a Clifford Intelliguard 850 in my 99 Ford Fiesta.

Recently, whenever  the External Warning Zone is Violated, a full trigger alarm is activated.

The alarm does not give any warning chirps and just triggers a full alarm.

When I checked the LED for Diagnostics, it flashes 4 times indicating that a door trigger was activated.

How could this be as the proximity sensor circuit is separate from the Door trigger circuit.

I've also now set the External Warning Sensitivity right down, but sometimes whenever one goes too close to the Car, a full alarm is still activated.

What could possibly be Wrong?

Any help appreciated

Kegards

(;-)
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

The exact reason I would never use a prox sensor. The are tuff to adj. and very tempermental. I would get a new one or better yet....unhook it and throw it out. I've been in this business for years, and had very few satisfied customers when it comes to a prox sensor.

Just my opinion

Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks mate, help much appreciated.

(;-)
autosound 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
How are you setting up the prox,,Are you using the remote or the cliffnet wizard software ...
I have been fitting clifford for a long time with very few problems,,set up the interior sensitivity first and then adjust the outside sensitivity,,,do not make the exterior too sensitive..
do not set the sensitivity under overhead lights/ultraviolet tubes as it causing adjustment to be way out...
for best results adjust outdoors on a cool day....
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Prox sensors are so finicky. I do not sell them anymore because they ARE MORE TROUBLE THAN THEY ARE WORTH.
hawkey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I think prox sesnors seem to be far less prone to false triggers compared a shock sensor...and have had a clifford IV dual zone prox. sensor.... for about 8 years still working tits! (great!)
    I will admit it does have limited use in some car makes/models (sensor location placement limited) and it does take a the first time user a few days to get adjusted correctly(not contionuous work, of course!;) fine adjustments... like with anything that needs a measure of precision in its setup...
    Unlike the crude, should-be-outlawed shock sensor. whew! rant,rant... but all the cars set of by big trucks, loud cars, bass, hurt everyone's chances of stopping a thief every false alarm triggered, makes people pay less attention to them all-together. at least in my view. ok, ok ima done.. :)
hawkey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
but to get back on topic I would generally have to think the main alarm brain might be at fault, if the circuts were, and are seperate it should not give that indicator... deductive reasoning says..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic