icon

1997 Honda civic SR6000 install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluehat42 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 97 Honda civic 2dr EX. I am going to be installing a Ungo SR 6000 two way alarm. I am only looking for some input from someone who has some specific knowledege with theis type of vehicle. Anything I should know about before connecting remote start and connecting to the factory door locks. and possibly adding a Power trunk release as well.
Not going to be doing power window or sunroof modules at this time so no worrys with that aspect
Any recommendations or precautions before getting started. specifically is there anything special that I need to know about the factory door locks, and connecting to them. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
p.s. I have installed a few alarms before in various vehicles and I am a Qualified Auto Technician and Electricain. I am more than comforatble with the install itself. Just looking for time savers Etc...
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
I've done one or two of these before! Since you are a qualified auto pro. I am sure it will be a walk in the park. The wiring diagram I gave you will speed things up quite a bit. What you will need. Patient and a test meter and that's pretty much all you need. Do a search on this car using the search button on the top right corner. Most questions have been answer a million and one times over. It's a very popular car.
Door locks are negative polarity. Trunk release, you will need to buy a trunk release motor for it and run it through a relay.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - HONDA / CIVIC / 1997 / Remote Start
12volts white (40A)   +   ignition harness
Starter BLACK/ white   +   ignition harness
Second Starter N/A       
Ignition BLACK / YELLOW   +   ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A       
Third Ignition N/A       
Accessory yellow   +   ignition harness
Second Accessory WHITE/ black   +   ignition harness
Keysense blue/white to blue/red   -   ignition harness
Power Lock GREEN / WHITE   -   driver kick, blue plug
Notes: Also found in the green factory alarm plug located behind the radio.
Power Unlock GREEN/ orange   -   driver kick, blue plug
Use blue / YELLOW to unlock the driver door only.
Lock Motor WHITE/ red   5wi driver kick, door harness
Unlock Motor blue/red to yellow/red   5wi pwr door lock ctrl unit in driv door
Parking Lights+ RED / black   +   driver kick, fuse box
Notes: Male blade terminal at fuse box. Also at the back of the dimmer switch.
Parking Lights- N/A       
Hazards same as turn signal wires       
Turn Signal(L) GREEN/ red   +   steering column
Turn Signal(R) GREEN/ YELLOW   +   steering column
Reverse Light GREEN/ black   +   driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger lt. GREEN/ red   -   factory alarm plug
Can also be found in a light green plug above the fuse box or bottom of driver kick, harness to rear.
Dome Supervision lt. GREEN/ black   -   driv A pillar or factory alarm plug
Trunk/Hatch Pin blue/black   -   driver kick, harness to rear
Hood Pin N/A       
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A       
Power Sliding Door N/A       
Factory Alarm Arm factory remote only       
Factory Alarm Disarm factory remote only       
Disarm No Unlock factory remote only       
Tachometer blue   ac   test tachometer connector
Notes: Driver side fire wall under hood.
Wait to start N/A       
Brake Wire GREEN / WHITE   +   brake pedal switch
Parking Brake RED / green   -   parking brake switch
Horn Trigger blue to gray   -   steering column
Memory Seat 1 N/A       
Memory Seat 2 N/A       
Memory Seat 3 N/A       
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.1997 Honda civic SR6000 install - Last Post -- posted image.
bluehat42 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help I found the vehicle wiring database on the site after I posted. I'm a newb here. Appreciate the info. 

Regarding the trunk release, some people have told me to cut the cable coming from the inside release handle and connect and acuator to it. I'm not so into the idea of not being able to release the trunk form inside the car. I could just attach onto the back of the cable right? or is there a easir way to connect an aftermarket universal type dorr acuator to the trunk latch? Thanks again

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sold on the cutting the cable idea either. Once you cut the cable you will lose the manual release. As bobk suggested the trunk solonoid is the best way to go.
One other cheap way to do it is to use door lock actuator and tie it on to the trunk release. You will need a small springs to pull the actuator back to set the trunk release lock back in place.     
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.1997 Honda civic SR6000 install - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic