icon

Clifford remote start and Scion tC wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rivulent 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
My first remote start install. Car has been a PITA to get to all the wires but everything works except two things:
1- Remote start and 2nd ignition wire. When it's on remote start, and the ac is on, my wiper nozzles spray a very slow current stream of water, as if the alarm is sending the voltage both ways. I probably t-tapped it in the wrong location, bypassing the switch on the steering collumn? Testing it out, when I hit the spray switch on the collumn, it blew my alarm fuse and a 30 amp fuse under the hood.
2- Hijack deterrant (locks doors when you start car, unlocks when you turn it off). I like this feature however it is acting funny. I have brake wire hooked up properly (I Know because it is turning off remote start just fine), however when i first start the car, and the doors lock, if I have my foot off everything then hit brake, the doors unlock, when I take my foot off, they relock. Once I start going though, it doesn't mess with the locks. Everytime I hit the brakes, I hear a relay clicking in my alarm, which also I know is not normal. Any suggestions?
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
1- do your parking lights flash during remote start? if not, you may have tapped the parking light wire into the wiper nozzle wire. make sure you change the jumper on the brain to (-) negative trigger for parking light flash if you are using the negative trigger in the light stalk.
2- do you have the correct wire hooked up to your brake pedal? double check this.
i don't have the information in front of me or else i'd give you a more detailed answer. give these 2 things a try.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic