icon

Dodge Ram shaved doors, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I do know that most first responders really don't like seeing shaved handles on vehicles, makes it a bit harder for someone to pull you out of the vehicle in the event something does happen. Say you get hit on the driver's side..... it destroys the battery..... you are knocked unconscious. You have no exterior door handles. So, paramedic takes out the window, reaching in only to find NO INTERIOR DOOR HANDLES. Sooooooo...... as you lay possibly in severe trauma, and the person trying to save your life can't get to you...... you can't tell him/her where the fancy little trick manual emergency release is....
See where I'm going with this????
Leave the interior door handles where they are... they are there for a reason.....
If this is a strictly show truck that is a trailer queen, go for it. But how would you feel if someone was trying to enter your vehicle to possibly save you and couldn't (or perhaps one of your kids)....... Face it.... you have insurance for a reason. Thieves will take whatever they want... alarm or not. If they want it bad enough, they will get it, regardless of any measures you take.
Sorry for the rant, but not many people tend to think too far beyond the "cool" factor when doing mods like this.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

I will agree with Gus on the safety issues on this, but don't go overboard on worrying about the laws and such inside your car.  Unless you are getting pulled over often and the police are checking your car, no one will ever know what you have done.

I know that you need to be safe with your installs, but don't spend TOO much time with all of the "what-ifs", you can find a problem with everything if you think about it long enough.

I think shaved door handles are neat, and if that's what you're going for, then great, but I wouldn't personally remove the interior door handles.  This seems like an impractical trade for not much more neatness.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic