icon

Impulse-990 Alarm/Remote Start, 2000 Cavalier Z24

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jpradel 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2003 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
I feel your pain.  I'm having the same problem with my 2000 Saturn.  I used an auto sensing module instead of the resistor, and everything is working fine.  Except for those damn lights!!  I have half the mind to yank the bulbs!  I splice one side of the module in with the yellow wire and the other side with the black one.  It has to see the resistance to set itself, but if the resistance doesn't change (which is the way it seems) I think that I'm going to try and hook one or both of them up through relays.  Good Luck!! and wish me the same.
jpradel 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2003 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

well, i finally got mine working...thanks to john.  works great and no lights... here's what he told me:

next get a spdt 5 pin relay and do the following

pin 87 with the resistor value in it to black uncut wire
pin 87a to key side of of yellow wire
pin 30 to motor side of yellow
pin 86 to the best ground
pin 85 to ignition wire of starter unit you are installing
this never fails !

if you have any questions, just email me and i'll draw it out for you or something.

Joe (jpradel@wireone.com)

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Wow this has to be the most posts I have ever seen, and yet it isn't even as long as this post I saw earlier with only 7 posts. Sorry, I just have to say that I have abandoned bypass modules for resistence based anti-theft devices. i follow the single relay method religiously now and it is just as jpradel said: "It never fails"
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic